Saturday, November 03, 2007

Happy Gotcha Day!!

September 8, 2003 we received "the call" and our first picture of our precious daughter.
We arrived in Changsha, Hunan Province on November 2, 2003.

On November 3, 2003 our beautiful daughter was placed in our arms. When I handed her to Daddy, tears began streaming down his face, and S.G. laid her head on his chest. It was such a tender moment.
This is the nanny who handed her to us.

Daddy gave S.G. her first bottle. She was wiped out and soon fell fast asleep. While asleep we called our family to assure them we got OUR baby.



Our first day together was like a fairy tale. It was PERFECT!!
Every year for Gotcha Day, we let S.G. choose whatever she wants to do. We spend the day together, just the 3 of us. We have BIG plans today which I will of course blog about tomorrow. I'm going to go lavish love on my baby girl now.










19 comments:

C's Mom said...

Happy Anniversary as a family!

Linette said...

Oh, I love hearing Gotcha day stories! Happy Anniversary to the 3 of you. Can't wait to hear about what you did to celebrate as a family!

Unknown said...

ok you are mean. the pictures with the song have me in tears. Happy day to all of you

Michelle said...

Happy Gotcha Day! Your daughter is beautful! Our oldest daughter is Hunan,as well! We celebrated 7 years as a family in August.

LaLa said...

Love these sweet pics!!! What a wonderful day : ) Enjoy your fun family time together!

Holly said...

Happy Gotcha Day! Those pictures are too precious. Can't wait to hear about everything you guys did on Spicy Girl's special day.

Heather said...

I agree with Amy - I almost broke into the ugly cry - what a touching remembrance of an awesome occasion!! Just LOVE referral and Gotcha's - nothing like it!
Happy, happy Anniversary!
Heather

Nikki said...

Oh, Happy Happy Gotcha Day to your sweet family!
Those pics are amazing...she was just soooo tiny!

Hope you had an amazing time together, and I can't wait to hear all about it.

mommy24treasures said...

Oh... happy happy anniversary! Tissue please:)

Shari U said...

Oh, I remember that day so very well! Happy Anniversary!

kitchu said...

Thank you so much for sharing this.. tears in my eyes! That pic with daddy is beautiful... what an incredible day. Happy Gotcha Day anniversary!

PandaMom said...

We love you with all our heart!

Anonymous said...

such a special post!
what a blessing!

Mama Darling said...

Precious pictures! She's the PERFECT little girl for your family.You are great parents. Happy Gotcha Day!

Beth said...

Happy Gotcha Day!! What a special family y'all have. The pictures are so precious. I love the bus with the CCAI group number on it. I hope y'all had a fabulous family day.

redmaryjanes said...

Congratulations! Thank you for sharing your photos.

Christy said...

That was beautiful!! SG is beautiful and it sounds like it was the perfect day!!

How old was SG when you got her? She looks really young.

Christy :)

Amy said...

What a sweet face...what a beautiful smile!

Ashley said...

How special. Can't wait to hear what y'all did!!