
5 Years ago today, we got the long awaited, most wonderful call. We had a baby girl from the Hunan Province in China. Her name was Xin Qing which means New and Clear. This was the first picture we saw. When I saw this picture, I said, "Yep, that's her." I already knew my baby girl.


These were two other pictures that arrived in the mail the next day.
How has it been five years already? D.S. and I watched the video of Spicy Girl's first birthday this weekend, and had tears rolling down our cheeks. I don't know where the time has gone, but every minute of it has been cherished.
We love you sweet daughter!!
Thank you Shari!!

23 comments:
Ahhh, such sweet pictures of your spicy girl. I remember that day very well! It's gone by way too quickly
Oh how beautiful she is. Of course you know I LOVE Yueyang girls. ;)
She really was a beautiful baby and has grown to be a very beautiful young lady. I know your life has been so blessed by having her as a daughter. You are a wonderful Mom as well.
Love,
Adele (another Mom of a Yueyang princess)
She is absolutly beautiful-- now and then!!! I cant belive you have had her for 5 years-- that is just crazy!!! She is just beautiful!!
Mia is from Yueyang county not the city. I am partial to these Yueyang girls-- they are all so beautiful-- and spicy as well!!!
Christy :)
I can't believe I checked your sight, and it is Lauren's birthday! I miss you soooo much and think of you often! Ty asked if Lauren would go to his school. It's just not the same without you at NABS! Please know I think of you all the time...I got a phone call from Ty's teacher on the third day of school! (That third day of kindergarten must have been tough!) Tell Lauren Ty said, "Happy Birthday!"
Love,
Jennifer
Sweet memories. ; )
Five years already... Happy Forever Family Day to you!
WOW.....makes me tear up just thinking about it. Y'all are a beautiful family!
Look at those cheeks!!! She was beautiful then and now : )
What a sweet face! It has only been 2 years for us, but time is just flying by!
Oh my word - I don't think I've ever seen her referral pics before! What a gorgeous baby (although I'm not surprised!)
Happy 5 years...yes, the time does fly and every moment is precious.
XO
She was such a beautiful baby! And just stunning today too. What a wonderful celebration.
You look beautiful in the cupcake picture!
Happy Referral Day! What sweet, beautiful memories! Love those pics! And yes, the years DO fly by! So nice to see you treasuring each day with your daughter!
After I saw that first pic of SG I became frantic that they were just showing you the poster baby. But that was the real ONE.
Second happiest day of my life.
The comment from Boppa Spice is cracking me up, but he's right, Spicy girl's referral picture really is the cutest one ever. I will never, ever, as long as I live forget seeing you and DS walk out of the conference room with her, I just couldn't believe how beautiful she was and that she was real and that in a few minutes I would be walking out of that room with my baby.
Five years just flew by. We miss you guys!!
We share the same anniversary except mine was 4 years on September 8th! Happy referral anniversary! She is just BEAUTIFUL!
The time DOES fly by incredibly fast once our little ones finally come home!
It is hard to believe she is growing up so quickly, isn't it?
love the memories...Happy Family day
Probably the best 5 years of your life! Happy Gotcha Day SG! We sure miss y'all.
What cutie pictures, wow time flies.
S.G. has been adorable since day one!
P.S. Everyone keeps telling me I will "know" what my daughter looks like, and to picture her in my mind...so far I can't picture her (maybe that means she's not born yet?)
She is stunning......happy 5 years! ;)
Hugs,
Steffie
oh how hard it is to put into words how you felt the moment you saw that sweet face ... how hard it is to express the change in your life since she has come home ... how sweet of our heavenly Father to have people around who have experienced the same ... that is what i love about the adoptive community ... we are simply connected by this amazing journey to one another !!!!
Post a Comment