Saturday, September 13, 2008

Fleeing Hurricane Ike


I'm sure many of you have heard now about Ike...that nasty hurricane that hit the Gulf Coast. Well, several of my family members live in that area, so my cousin and her two boys took refuge at our place this weekend.

We had so much fun with them here. Spicy Girl enjoyed playing on the fallen tree with big "G".


Do you see Spicy Girl's climbing boots???? LOL!!
Little "G" was playing peek-a-boo with me.

On this evening, we went to see the bats. Our area is famous for the bats that live under a couple of bridges. The kids are sitting on the car, just waiting.

OK, we must have been too late, because the bats never came out. They just flew around under the bridge. But, it is quite a sight when they all come flying out. We did however get to see a train go by.

My sister and her family were up here too staying at the parent's house. We met them at the outlet mall for a little shopping. The kids had more fun throwing pennies into the fountain to make wishes. My nephew wished for a swimming pool and chocolate chip cookie. I think I can handle the cookie.

Thankfully, the hurricane did not hit my families homes as it was originally intended to. My cousin headed back this afternoon. But is sure was a good excuse to spend the weekend together.

6 comments:

Adele said...

I bet S.G. had a blast having company. We have those same "climbing boots". LOL! I am glad your family is okay and that their homes didn't suffer damage. Glad you had a good visit with them. Take care.

Mama Darling said...

So glad their homes weren't damaged. Looks like you had a wonderful time!

Christy said...

Im so glad their home was ok!! That just must be sooooo scary!! I cant imagine hurricane season and the threat of losing everything. Here in souther california the only thing we have to worry about is easrthquakes and you have no warning they are comming so you cant worry about it. I guess that is good and bad but ignorance is bliss and plus many of the earthquakes are tiny and they dont do any harm-- until the big one!!!

Glad you guys had fun!!!

Christy :)

PandaMom said...

I just can't believe how much of a country girl she is now! LOL! ; ) Miss you more everyday. Call me and give me some scoop.

Gwen Oatsvall said...

so thankful their house was ok, and what a fun excuse to have some fun!

Becky said...

So glad to hear that the "reason" for the family visit didn't actually materialize. My girls just love spending time with their cousins - making wonderful memories and creating strong family bonds that will endure long into their adulthood...
BTW, my three girls all have boots like that for trekking in the yard and pasture...