Sunday, September 21, 2008

Packing up the House


We have had quite a bit of activity this past week. First of all, after 30+ showings, we've had only one family interested in our house, but it didn't work out. After about 40 showings, we gave up hope. My mother-in-law and sister-in-law were traveling through the area where our house is and needed to stay there one night. Of course, we got a call that there would be a showing that evening, so I had to call them and let them know when the showing would be. They asked if they should just get a hotel room, and I laughed and said, "We've had over 40 showings, I seriously doubt this is going to be the one family who wants to buy our house....."
Well, let me just eat my words now!!


So, my good friend LL offered to come help us pack things up while her hubby watched her 4 boys and Spicy Girl, who by the way, LOVES playing at their house. A big HUGE THANK YOU to LL and her hubby for all of their help this weekend. We were going to do it by ourselves, and thought we'd get it done pretty quickly. Yeah, I hear you snickering LL. We couldn't have gotten as far as we did without your help!!

Yep, LL found my wedding dress and was, shall I say, appalled that I didn't have it cleaned, pressed and packed away. I was too poor after we got married and couldn't afford to have it done. After many more years, I knew that communion grape juice stain was not going to come out. So, it's been on a hanger in each closet of each house we've lived in.
WELL, it's not like I'm going to wear it again!! LOL!!

We are still in the contract stage, so the house isn't sold yet, but we are hopeful that all will go well and we'll be done by the end of the month.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
~LL~ said...

Yep...I am laughing out loud....the "Snoopy Laugh!"

We loved seeing you guys...even to pack up. Can't wait to see you AGAIN....! What do you think....2 more trips?

HEEE HEEE HEEEE HO HO HO HA HA HA!

Mommy Spice said...

Is that my friend Jennifer from NABS? I miss you guys soooo much! Send me an email. Better yet, give me a call!! I want to hear how everything is going.

Christy said...

YAAAA!!!! Congrats on that. It sometimes just happens that way-- when you think there is no way its gonna happen-- it does. Congrats on that and we will pray the negotiation goes well!!

Christy :)

Elisa...life as we know it. said...

Crossing my fingers everything goes smoothly with your house selling!

Congrats anyway..(still waiting for mine to sell so I know how you feel)!

Mama Darling said...

So glad things are working out for you, but I had really rather that you just move back. lol Sorry we missed you this weekend. We'd love to see you. Oh, I'm sorry I had to remove your comment on my last post because it mentioned the town's name. Hope to see you soon.

Mommy Spice said...

Sorry about deleting the first comment. It had Spicy Girl's name mentioned.

redmaryjanes said...

I am so glad you sold the house! That is wonderful news. And maybe one day you can make a christening gound our of your dress???

Lisa said...

Congrats!! : )

Kris said...

Congrats on selling the house! Huge relief, I know!

Rmomof3 said...

I don't know whether I posted it or not, but HOORAY on selling your home!
Keep us posted on life as it unfolds!
Sweet blessings!
Renee