Off to the doctor we went on Tuesday for a strep test. I was pretty sure by that time that it was strep since her fever was so high and throat so red and swollen. Spicy Girl was a trooper. She didn't gag near as much as I do when they stick that dreaded q-tip down the throat. The nurse gave S.G. a glove and two stickers which made all things well. The doctor came back in to announce that she did indeed have strep. And off we went to get the Amoxicillin. Spicy Girl is back to school today. Oh, and did I mention, she's the first one in her school to have strep??? I thought she got it from school!!
This is a little video of what Spicy Girl sounds like during a nap with swollen tonsils. I couldn't help myself.

11 comments:
Poor SG! Glad she's on the mend!
Strep throat and still smiling! Hope the meds help and she feels better soon.
Keep smilin!
Poor little thing. It is always so hard when the little ones are sick. It is so funny becuase they are so much more lovable when they just feel horrible--lol!! I hope she feels better soon!!
Christy :)
Hope she feels better soon
Glad you found out what it was so she can take the medicine to get better!!!
Loved the video....good thing she is little, my teens would kill me if I did that but it sure was cute!
The video is precious! From the little twitch of her thumb to the snuffly sounds...bless her heart! I hope the Amoxicillin kicks those bugs quickly!!!
(I am amazed at how chipper and happy she looks in the doctor's office!...would never guess she had strep in that photo!!!)
So sorry SG is sick. Poor thing, but I couldn't help but grin when I heard the video. She's such a sweetie. Hope she's feeling better soon and you don't catch it. We're going to the park tomorrow...Sure wish you could join us.
How did you get the video without crackin' up???
Glad she feels better.
Poor little thing! Good think you found out it was strep!
I loved the video! I hope the antibiotics have kicked in and she is feeling a lot better.
Goodness, she nearly woke herself up, poor little thing!
Glad she is better now!
XO
The great thing about strep is that once you know that you can get the antibiotics.
The kids are sick here too. The bummer of going back to school.
Still a cutie - even when she is sick !
Post a Comment