I'm not sure how many Labor Day's we've spent out here at the Bunkhouse, quite a few I'm sure. Since we are living out here right now, we felt it only appropriate to spend another Labor Day out here with friends. Two of our closest couple friends came out with their kiddos for hot dogs, burgers and fishing.
The kids love coming out here to fish. We pulled the boats out this time, and let them out on their own with their fishing poles.
It was hot, hot, hot....but oodles of fun. S.G. is re hydrating here after stepping off the boat into a big mud puddle. Oh well, it was worth the fun.
I can't tell you what a blessing it has been to get to live out here while trying to sell our house up north. This has always been our place of refuge. This has been a perfect home away from home. S.G. has learned so much about living in the country. She can look at "scat" and tell you most likely what it's from, she has seen many different kinds of wild animals. She has woken up to the sound of a raccoon trying to get underneath her bathtub from under the house. She has learned to look down while walking outside, as to not step on a snake or scorpion. What an experience she's had.

8 comments:
That's a mighty happy looking bunch of Republicans there. Hot, too. Love you guys.
Boppa Spice
Hey, me next, I want a turn on that good looking swing. What fun!
Mamama Spice
1
Looks like an awesome time
Great memories being made!
I have to admit that I can live out my life without knowing where certain "scat" came from! haha
Sounds like you are having a great time. Love the pics!
What fun (and she's learned so much)!!
That just looks like my kinda place and I love and miss it living in the city. Someday. ; )
Looks like a fabulous time!! I love the last pic! :)
Post a Comment