For the past three years I've wanted to do this. I've heard the commercials and wished I could surprise my husband with tickets to his Christmas concert with the Dallas Symphony Orchestra.
I was on my way to visit family for the Thanksgiving holidays when I heard the commercial. I knew this was the year to do it. I pulled over on the side of the road and made the phone call. I had them; tickets to see Michael W. Smith's Christmas concert with the Dallas Symphony Orchestra. Special guests: the Katinas and Melinda Doolittle. 

All I told Daddy Spice was that I was taking him on a special date, we needed a babysitter, and we were dressing up. That's it. Now, could I pull off the secret for 3 weeks without him figuring it out?
I did!! He had no idea what we were doing. When we pulled up to the building he asked if we were seeing a Christmas concert at the Symphony. I replied, "Yes, but there's more." When we walked in, we saw the posters. He was totally surprised and very excited.
Now, I was very excited when M.W. Smith walked out, but I was a bit "star struck" when Melinda Doolittle (American Idol) walked out. The whole performance was fantastic!!
.JPG)
Of course, I couldn't take pictures during the show, but here's the stage as the symphony orchestra warmed up.
It was the most most wonderful, beautiful, spirit filled evening. We even got to sing Christmas carols with them.
Now, I was very excited when M.W. Smith walked out, but I was a bit "star struck" when Melinda Doolittle (American Idol) walked out. The whole performance was fantastic!!
Of course, I couldn't take pictures during the show, but here's the stage as the symphony orchestra warmed up.
And many times throughout the performance, Jesus was proclaimed the Reason For The Season.

17 comments:
Awesome!! I bet that was phenomenal! Good job keeping the secret ... I don't know if I could have done that! :)
Lucky ducky! What a great surprise. I would have gone just for Melinda!
Keep smilin!
wonderful, what a great evening!
Sounds wonderful !
I would love to see Michael W. Smith. We are going to see Third Day and Jars of Clay on Sunday.
Glad you had a great time.
How totally awesome!!!
How fun!!! Hope you had a great time!!!
That is so awesome! What a great surprise for your hubby. We saw Michael W Smith in concert several years ago and we still talk about it. :)
You were very successful and sneaky - very good! What a wonderful treat!
Merry Christmas!
Alyson
LID 01/27/06
Oh wow what a wonderful surprise! I am sure you guys enjoyed that very much. It sounds very neat.
Oh, way to go! What a wonderful gift AND surprise for your husband!
It looked beautiful...
Oh how fun! I am so glad you were able to keep it a secret and surprise him like that. I know you both had an incredible, spirit filled evening. By the way, you are a handsome looking couple. :)
I love Michael W. Smith. I will always love the song "Friends" because it is just so true.....Friends are friends forever when the Lord is lord of them. So, that means you and I will be friends forever! :)
How wonderful.....glad you could surprise him.....;)
What a great surprise! I would love to see him in concert.
How fun and what a good secret keeper you are. Good job and I too would love to go to one of his concerts.
Chrsity :)
Hey Mommy Spice! I'm catching up on some long overdue blog visiting. I loved reading about your special Christmas ornaments. And, how fun that you were able to pull of such an awesome surprise for Daddy Spice! BTW, you look fantabulous. I agree...Yeah You!
I would love to see that! I'm glad that you guys were able to go.
Awesome! What a beatiful surprise! The pictures are amazing so I can only imagine what it must have been like to be there! Michael W. Smith was here in Phoenix as well, but we didn't go this year. We've been in the past and he is great in concert! Glad you had fun! :)
Post a Comment