It's Chinese New Year...Year of the Pig!! Becoming Spicy Girl's parents has opened our world to new cultural customs and traditions. Because Chinese New Year is one of the most important holidays in China, it has become a big deal in our household as well. In China, families prepare for the new year celebration with cleaning their homes, getting fresh haircuts, cooking lots and lots of food, and spending time with family. I believe the holiday lasts for a week, and most government offices close for that long. We celebrated last night having dinner with our family and friends at the Bamboo Palace.Saturday, February 17, 2007
Gung Hay Fat Choy!!!!
It's Chinese New Year...Year of the Pig!! Becoming Spicy Girl's parents has opened our world to new cultural customs and traditions. Because Chinese New Year is one of the most important holidays in China, it has become a big deal in our household as well. In China, families prepare for the new year celebration with cleaning their homes, getting fresh haircuts, cooking lots and lots of food, and spending time with family. I believe the holiday lasts for a week, and most government offices close for that long. We celebrated last night having dinner with our family and friends at the Bamboo Palace.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


7 comments:
The new camera is working great! I saved the pic of CL & I! I do not get many of myself. We had a blast!
LOVE the pictures! What little beauties.
See, the haircut was just a part of our Chinese New Year's celebration. (ha!) We had a great time, too. See ya Monday.
Thanks for your stopping by my site.
And I'm glad that you stayed in Changsha which is really a beautiful city.
Happy new year!
Happy Chinese New Year! Have fun celebrating! Love the girls' outfits! Very cute and stylish! :)
Happy CNY! Looks like Spicy Girl and friends had as much fun as our little girley girls. They are all so adorable.
Thanks for letting me snag a pic! The girls look so teenagery when they hang on each other and pose for us...See you tomorrow! ; )
Post a Comment