Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Spicy Girl's Milestones


There's never been a question about Spicy Girl's desire to learn. She is head strong about most things, and thankfully, learning to do it "all by herself" is one of those things. She turned 4 a little over a month ago, and she has just blown us away. Now, I know, all our babies are smart, but let me just stand on my soap box right now. S.G. has known how to write her own name for quite some time now. But now she is on a writing spree. She wants to know how to spell everything. She writes with her markers, crayons and pencils. She spells things with her magnets on the refridgerator. No, she doesn't just know how to spell all these words by herself. She asks how to spell them.....then she spells them all by herself. Last week, she asked how to spell the word please. I wrote it on a piece of paper for her, and she went back and wrote it herself. Then she drew a picture of two people...one was asking, "please" and the other said, "no." She wrote these on her own. Several days later I asked her to write the word please by herself....she did. She can also spell Nana, Leo (from Little Einsteins), and no. She loves her craft table. We filled a box with stamps, stamp pads, scissors, markers, crayons, stickers, and she is going to town. She lets us know often that she has to do her homework. I hope she still gets that serious about it when she gets older, and has to do it!!

6 comments:

Steffie B. said...

Hi, Happy Valentines Day. I haven't forgotten about you....just having a few computer problems! ;)

Amy said...

Wow! That's great! My adoptive son Philip has learning problems. I have to use every once of my creativity and pray all the time for more just to teach him! I wish I could home school him, but right now that is not legal in Germany. You are so blessed to have a kid that just learns, and is hungry to learn! I actually have a gifted 13 year old daughter who was "easy"! Thank God for his goodness! He knows what we can handle, and when!

redmaryjanes said...

Wow!! I would be proud too! You have one smart little lady there!

Beckyb said...

Bottle that up and keep it!!! I hope she never loses that love - Chloe is much the same way - I hope it also stays that way!!!

Mama Darling said...

Of course she's smart...and beautiful,talented,athletic, independent, sweet, creative and just plain cute!!!!! The list could go on and on :)

Anonymous said...

Your spice girls sounds a LOT like my spice girl!!!