So here are some things to do to keep cool when your STINK'ENair conditioner shuts down in the STINK'EN hot Texas summer....
A trip to the library. They have cute displays for the kids, and this one is full of giraffes. A little play time.
Time to pick out some books.
Next, make your way to Target. I turned around to find Spicy Girl holding this item up asking, "Mommy, what's this called again?"
Yay! A 4th of July t-shirt!!
Our a/c guy was supposed to come by tonight, but was unable to. Hopefully he will make it tomorrow. Thankfully, we are meeting our playgroup friends at McDonald's. I think Spicy Girl and I will be the first to get there and the last to leave.
You sound like me. I MUST have A/C or I think I would die. I live in Mississippi where it is very hot and humid. I remember being in Changsha when we got Mallory in the month of September and I thought I was still in south Mississippi because it was sooooooooooo hot. There is nothing like air conditioning. I am glad you and SG found some creative ways to stay cool today. Love the t-shirt! Adele
Love that bikini pic and her question! Sorry you are battling the Texas heat, I know it well having grown up there. Hope it's fixed soon, if not already!
Don't be mad, but it's only 73 here (Maine - that's one reason they call it 'Vacationland' in the summer!) We just bought our first air conditioner last year, and we haven't even taken it out of the basement yet this year.
I love your pictures, and the fact that you took pictures in Target! That's so something I would do! Christine
UGH.....I need air too. You poor girls! I'd go anywhere I had to as well. I talked to Emmie tonight. She had already bought 3 new pairs of shoes! Imagine that! lol
Thank God for A/C! It's been hot here in Colorado too this week and thank the Lord (literally) every night that my A/C keeps chuggin out the "cool". Hope yours gets fixed ASAP!
I'm feelin' your pain. Our AC broke down last week and it was 100 degrees...I was one HOT momma. We did a lot of swimming. Luckily it has cooled off here a bit. (our AC is still broken)
The trip to the library looked fun...always a good idea. And Target is a favorite of mine and Lily's!
Our family is nothing short of ordinary. We are first and foremost, lovers of God. After 15 years in full time ministry, we are now business owners, teachers, computer nerds and now... beekeepers. We are a mom, a dad, and a beautiful daughter adopted from China. This blog is designed to share our eclectic life with dear family and friends, old and new.
Is totally into coffee, desserts and spending time with her family. Photography, staying up late and traveling are her delights!!
My husband, my love, my best friend. A man who knows something about everything. Ministry will always be a part of his life....even while making pretzels (as the owner of an Auntie Anne's Soft Pretzels).
The love of our life; Little B is quite the animal lover. She's a happy girl with lots of spunk who keeps us on our toes. What was life like before this angel entered our lives?
Chinese Proverb
There is only one pretty child in the world, and every mother has it.
18 comments:
You sound like me. I MUST have A/C or I think I would die. I live in Mississippi where it is very hot and humid. I remember being in Changsha when we got Mallory in the month of September and I thought I was still in south Mississippi because it was sooooooooooo hot. There is nothing like air conditioning. I am glad you and SG found some creative ways to stay cool today.
Love the t-shirt!
Adele
I wonder how fast the A/C man gets to his mothers house when her A/C is down? How hot is it in Texas? We don't have A/C in Germany.
Hope the A/C gets fixed soon...in the meantime have fun keeping cool away from home:)
Love A/C. We have either terribly cold or way too hot. Love the t-shirt and SG is way too cute !
I my goodness, I dont know how people survive without ac! So sorry- Hope he gets there soon!
Would that be the SAME A/C you had worked on last year??? AHHHHH! ; )
Love that bikini pic and her question! Sorry you are battling the Texas heat, I know it well having grown up there. Hope it's fixed soon, if not already!
Don't be mad, but it's only 73 here (Maine - that's one reason they call it 'Vacationland' in the summer!) We just bought our first air conditioner last year, and we haven't even taken it out of the basement yet this year.
I love your pictures, and the fact that you took pictures in Target! That's so something I would do!
Christine
Egads...that is rough.
Looks like a great way to get into the cool.
Hope he repairs it ASAP!
Keep smilin!
Oh no!! It must be so hot!!
I love the bra pic!
Oh I feel for you roasting away.
Hey, I think SG found my missing lingerie ;0)
Couldn't survive without my air, BUT - no better place than the library!!! :)
UGH.....I need air too. You poor girls! I'd go anywhere I had to as well. I talked to Emmie tonight. She had already bought 3 new pairs of shoes! Imagine that! lol
To be without A/C - I think I would die!
I love Target, too. I can't think of anything better to do than spend a hot day there...
Look at that! The library to encourage reading and Target to encourage SHOPPING!
Thank God for A/C! It's been hot here in Colorado too this week and thank the Lord (literally) every night that my A/C keeps chuggin out the "cool". Hope yours gets fixed ASAP!
I'm feelin' your pain. Our AC broke down last week and it was 100 degrees...I was one HOT momma. We did a lot of swimming. Luckily it has cooled off here a bit. (our AC is still broken)
The trip to the library looked fun...always a good idea. And Target is a favorite of mine and Lily's!
Hope your air gets fixed soon. I hate the heat. It makes you feel so miserable. Looks like you and SG are finding ways to keep cool though!
Post a Comment