Thursday, June 07, 2007

We're Back!!

We had an absolutely wonderful beach vacation. But let me start with this. Did you see my last post, before leaving for the beach? Remember that beautiful house and pool? Well, here's what we saw when we got there. This realty company totally deceived us. The house was in terrible shape and was obviously not prepared for a family of 12 to stay for a week. Needless to say, we didn't stay long.The swimming pool was green, slimy and about a foot low.
Yes, that's mildew and grime along the edge of the potty and between the tiles.

Would you take a shower in there?


Mold.....all over the living room walls. I'm NOT kidding!!



So, after spending the first night there.....had no choice, we got there late.....we put our bags back in the car, got the check back from the realty company and found this adorable, even bigger beach house. BTW, as my parents were in the car heading to the beach, the realty company called demanding they pay in cash, after being told they could pay with a check. Thank the Lord my parents stuck to their guns and payed with a check!!




4 bedroom house. Each room was painted with beach scenes.





This was our room. LOVED it!!






Living room







Relief!! This was more like it. Thank you Boppa and Mamama!!
I have so many pictures. I am going to have to do several days of posts. Tomorrow I will post birthday and beach pictures.


























10 comments:

PandaMom said...

Ooo-lah-lah...I think I could just relax in that awesome pool! NOT! EEEEEEEEEWWWWWWEEEEEE!

4D said...

That is nuts! So glad that it all worked out. Welcome home!

Keep smilin!

Elisa...life as we know it. said...

EEks to the first house...the second house looked lovely...hope you had a great time..need to see more pics please!!!

Beckyb said...

Nope, wouldn't have stayed there either - that was GROSS!!! Glad the second one was better - it looks WONDERFUL!!

Adele said...

I am so glad you enjoyed your vacation. Wow, what a nightmare with the beach house. I love the place you ended up staying. I can't wait to hear about your trip and see more pics. I really missed your blog! :)

Mama Darling said...

So glad you found a new place and had a great time. We've missed you. Glad you're back. Check out my blog. Our referral pictures are posted!!!!!! They are b&w photos. We should receive the original ones in our packet soon. She can't wait to join the White Swans!

Amy said...

Good for you! How can people try to rent something like that first house? The 2nd place looked wonderful! I hope you all had a super time together. My parents want us to have a whole family vacation next year (in Italy). That's no big deal for us, but my brother and sisters and their families have to come from the USA...that's big!

Nikki said...

Holy Cow! I can't believe where you ALMOST spent your vacation - yuck!!!!
But, I LOVE where you ended up...looks fabulous! Your room was absolutely gorgeous.
Cannot wait to see more!
(glad you're back)

PandaMom said...

Hey, in the middle of your beach pics you can throw in the answers to this new meme I just tagged you for! ; )

Holly said...

Oh that's horrible that your original plans for the house didn't work out. So glad you guys found somewhere else to stay though. It looks so relaxing there! Can't wait to see more pics.