Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Kid's Camp 2007

Spicy Girl and I are back from camp. It's nice because we do half week camps. We keep the kids so busy, that we've found by Wednesday, they are exhausted and ready to go home. Despite the enormous amounts of rain, we had a great time. Our theme this year was THIRST. However, we certainly stayed hydrated. LOL. These pictures are from our evening services. Spicy Girl enjoyed the service from the top of Miss Amanda's shoulders.This is Miss Candace. She is Daddy Spices' new assistant Children's Pastor. She came all the way to Texas from Minnesota.

Oh boy. Look who got a hold of the microphone. Service is out, the kids are all at the Snack Shack, so S.G. ran up on stage to have a little Diva Time.


Spicy Girl loves her Miss Baileigh. She was also excited because her cousin Hannah was at camp this year. (S.G. is not old enough for camp yet. She just gets to enjoy the perks of her daddy's job).



S.G. saw this sign and asked what it said. When I told her, she went and hugged it.




Hey Panda-Mom, look who else likes Cocoa Puffs!!





Fun outside!! This is The Blob!! We have jet skis that pull kid's on tubes and paddle boats..













Oh, did I mention the water slides? This is Spicy Girl's FAVORITE part of the campgrounds.



















Hanging out at the Snack Shack!!





















I don't think our kids have much spirit. And that Miss Candace...she just doesn't fit in at all.....Hee-Hee!!













Now for the deluge of rain. We all just got completely soaked. The boys dorms started flooding, so we took all the kids to the multi purpose building for a movie. It was not just the rain we were worried about. There were tornado warnings all around us!! EEKS!!













Trying to stay warm in our soaking wet clothes while watching a movie.














The calm after the storm.
Camp was awesome, but it's nice being back home. Daddy Spice is staying out there for the next group of campers, so Spicy Girl and I are going to keep busy with lots of fun things I'll blog about later this week.
















20 comments:

PandaMom said...

Yea, you're back!!! I feel like we have had so much rain that we can't ever swim this summer!

Love all the pics and know you had blast! For some reason I'm feeling coo-coo for Cocoa Puffs!

BTW: we have the same hot pink and white towel from WM! LOL!

Anonymous said...

I don't know of any other little kid who has as much fun as SG, except her Mom. Or her Dad.

Anonymous said...

Looks like and amazing time!!!!

Elise said...

Looks like you had a blast!!! My kids go to camp later in the summer and always have the most amazing time!

Truly Blessed said...

Looks like you had a GREAT time!

Who cares about rain at camp, anyway? When we were kids in Bible camp, we prayed for rainy days...'cause then we got to have shaving cream wars!

C's Mom said...

That looks like it was so much fun!

Mama Darling said...

What fun! I especially like the picture of SG with the microphone. She's a natural. I think DD would go for that waterslide, too. I'm just not sure that I would want to go with her. lol So glad you're back!

Adele said...

Welcome Back! I missed your blog! I love all of the pics from camp. It looks like yall really had a great time even with the rain. The picture of SG with the microphone has got to be the cutest ever. I love that expression on her face. Just think, one day she might be a speaker at her one of her Daddy's camps. It gives me chills to think about God's plans for these precious girls from China. He is going to use them in so many ways. Glad you guys are home safely.
Adele

Steffie B. said...

HOW AWESOME! Looks like a great time....we'd be at that water slide and snack shack non-stop with my tribe! lol

Steffie B. said...

Oh yes....love little Miss Diva!

Headmeister said...

I just love the pics of her "doing the Diva" on stage and hugging the Jesus loves you sign after being told what it said :) Sounds (and looks) like you all had a blast!

Elisa...life as we know it. said...

That looks like so much fun, there is so much to do!

Gracie said...

That picture is priceless the one with her on the sign JESUS LOVES YOU! It is soooo cute. My sister use to do a bible school camp at her school. So we are trying to find a new one becuase she got to old/ Wish us luck!

Holly said...

Looks like you guys had a great time. I just love the picture of Spicy Girl holding the microphone. Too cute!

Amy said...

That water slide looks pretty great! I bet it was fun!

Nikki said...

Welcome back!
Looks like you girls had a blast! I would totally love those waterslides too.
SG had such a huge smile in all the pics -- love it.
I think my favorite picture, though, was the one with her snuggled up watchin' the movie.

LaLa said...

Wow...what a great time. LOVE the diva photo...Annslee does the "hands on the hip" thing too and it cracks me up. The sign hugging is super sweet.

Can we come next year???

Anonymous said...

Camp looks like so much fun! What a fantastic way to give thanks and praise.

Thanks for all your notes, and yes, L'ville is close, we would love to meet you there. Just let us know, we are looking forward to it.

Hugs from the girls up North,
B and G

Calico Sky said...

ooohhh I want to go to camp!!!

Calico Sky said...

ooohhh I want to go to camp!!!