Saturday, April 12, 2008

Happy 30th Sonja

I've posted several times throughout the years about my niece, Sonja. She is actually D.S.'s niece first, but became mine when she was about 14. We have a special relationship. Sonja, first, was more like my little sister. She spent a lot of time with us growing up, and even lived with us a few times. As she got older, we became good friends. We have spent hours watching girly movies, shopping, swimming and just hanging out. She lived with us when Spicy Girl came home from China. The two of them just fell in love with each other. They are cousins, but age-wise, more like aunt and niece. We don't see Sonja much these days because she's met a special guy. This week she celebrated her 30th birthday. I hope this is the most wonderful year for you Sonja!!

Look at that birthday cake!! It was adorable!!


Spicy Girl picked out these muffin holders that you can actually bake in. We actually thought Sonja would really like these. LOL!!
Our baby has grown up. I say that in silly humor, but in a way, we really feel like that. I love you dearly Sonja!!




6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That IS an awesome cake!

Nikki said...

Happy 30th Birthday, Sonja! Looks like it was a great party for a girl who is truly loved!

Nikki said...

P.S.
I'll pray WITH you regarding dance class for SG...
XO

redmaryjanes said...

Wonderful heartfelt post. Happy Birthday Sonja.

Steffie B. said...

Too cute....that cake looks yummy! ;)

SunnySwed said...

I love the pictures you picked. I loved having all of you there.