Sunday, April 06, 2008

Sunday Morning



It's Sunday morning.

It's been a busy week with family and friends. We have been working on our house, getting it ready to put on the market. D.S. and I have had 2 dentist appointments each, getting cavities filled. D.S. has been studying, taking tests, going to class, taking tests online, and studying. Today he has to take another test, pack some boxes in his truck, and take a load to Austin.

It's Sunday, and today we stayed home. We have been on staff at a church for all of our married life. Before that we were volunteers in ministry (even as dating teenagers). We go to church EVERY Sunday. It's a discipline, it's a joy, it's an honor.

During this "interim" we've been attending the church where I teach Mother's Day Out. It has been such a blessing to have a place to go where we feel comfortable, and Spicy Girl loves. I am so glad to have this church.

But, today, no one is expecting us. We have no "post" to fill. The nursery will not miss us. The children are all taken care of. We don't have "saved" seats. Today, we stayed home. It's such a strange place to be. And, although I long for the next place God "posts" us, I rather like the fact that today we could just stay home and rest.

Don't worry. We certainly will not get in the habit. We will not teach S.G. that we can stay home because we feel like it. That's not us. But today, with the weariness we feel, we stayed home.

Today we will honor God with devotions together. We will thank Him for the beauty of this day. We will continue to seek His will in our lives, and we will rest in His presence.

This is the day that the Lord has made. I will rejoice and be glad in it!!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

YOu guys are busy!..Have a good one!

PandaMom said...

Come our way next Sunday!!!!!

~LL~ said...

Oh, you heathens! I will pray for you! LOL!!!!

Sometimes, you just need to stay home. I'm sure you enjoyed your day. It is strange, though....I totally KWYM!

Love ya. (check your email!)

Anonymous said...

I agree with ~ll~ sometimes you just need to stay home...

Nikki said...

I hope you had a wonderful Sunday!
Thinking of you and praying with you...

Rmomof3 said...

Sometimes REST on the day of REST is the very best thing you can do at the moment. I had a pastor preach a sermon on that once! Blessings to all the Spices!
Renee