Monday, April 07, 2008

Riding the New Bike

So, it was a beautiful day yesterday. D.S. had to take a load of boxes to Austin, so Spicy Girl and I decided to get out and enjoy the beautiful 81 degree day. We just got S.G. a new bike. She's been riding a big wheel for a while now, but decided it was high time she had a real bike. She was so excited. She's done really well on it. This was our first time to take her bike out to the park.

Look at her go!!!

Well, I didn't take a picture of the fall, but here's the result. A chipped porcelain crown.
GREAT!! (sarcasm)
Poor baby took a little spill. I don't know how she chipped the crown. Her face didn't touch the ground. The only thing I can figure is the handle bar hit her tooth; her expensive, crowned tooth.



Well, a little Spongebob, ice cream should help it feel better.


We have a dentist appointment tomorrow afternoon. I am hoping/praying for an easy fix....




12 comments:

Sophie's Mom said...

81 degrees????? I am so jealous. 30's-40's here. So sorry about her tooth. Those things should come with a warranty after all! Hope it's a quick, easy and CHEAP fix!

Mama Darling said...

Poor thing. And she was doing so well on her new bike.
So much for group pictures on Wednesday. lol! I hope they can fix it without too much trouble or expense. Let me know how the dentist visit goes. Talk to you soon.

Christy said...

Oh poor thing. THat is so strange how that happened. I hope it is an easy fix-- and not too expensive either.

It looks like she is doing so well on the bike. What a fun day with mom!! Gotta visit the ice cream truck after a day of riding-- kids love that. Love your 81 degree weather. It is sure looking like summer!!

Christy :)

Ashley said...

Man, your dentist must love you!! Your last post mentioned several trips to the dentist for you and DS. Looked like a great day to ride bikes!

Steffie B. said...

81*....I am so jealous....glad it didn't turn into a serious fall....but that crown..... ;(

Anonymous said...

81! Sniff! I'm headed to Dallas this week, and I'm so looking forward to the warmth. I'm TIRED of gray and cold, but I'm the one who left Tejas for Oregon.

Hope Spicy girl's crown is an easy fix.

Steffie B. said...

stop by Emmie's blog for a good laugh! ;)

Anonymous said...

Wasn't the weather beautiful this past weekend LOVED it. Sorry SG took a tumble hopefully it won't be too expensive to fix..
Have a wonderful day.
:)

~Amy~ said...

Ohhh poor thing! I chipped my tooth when I was little also...so I know the feeling! I hope its an easy fix and I'm SOOOO jealous of the 81*....ahhh I long for summer.... ;)

mommy24treasures said...

oh I am so sorry about the crown.:(
Looks like a fun day other than that.

~LL~ said...

Oh, poor SG. I remember chipping my front tooth on a pogo stick LOL.

Looks like you went to my favorite park...was it G park in W? FUN FUN!

Mardi said...

owwww..I remember my first bike, it was my first glimpse of freedom! We lived in a small town and I rode that bike everywhere!! :) SG looks so cute in her helmet! I'm glad to hear the tooth was an easy fix!

Glad your enjoying he beautiful weather!