Monday, April 28, 2008

Out with Friends

We had a GREAT weekend!! We spent Saturday night with our GREAT friends who took us out to celebrate D.S.'s upcoming graduation. They have 4 boys whom Spicy Girl LOVES to hang out with. She stayed at their house with our favorite babysitter, and we had GROWNUP time!!

They took us to this awesome restaurant we'd never been to called BRAVO. Let me just say.....yum!



This is LL and her husband D, the pilot. When we were at our previous church as the Children's Pastor, this couple stepped in and headed up the Christian Education department. They are fabulous!!


Me with my soon to be college grad!!



A little fettuccine Alfredo with spinach.




And Tiramasu for dessert.

I almost popped when we were finished.

Thank you so much sweet friends. You don't know how much this weekend meant to us.


Yesterday, we got to spend the day at D.S.'s sister and brother-in-law's house. They grilled burgers, and again, we stuffed ourselves. Spicy Girl got to play with her cousin all afternoon, and cried when she had to leave.
This weekend was beautifully spent with family and friends.



13 comments:

Adele said...

First of all let me say that you look FAB-U-LOUS!!! I can tell you have lost weight and you just look radiant. Maybe I will be inspired to lose weight myself. :)
Okay, we eat at BRAVO every time we go to Jackson. We just love it and I always get the tiramisu. It's my favorite dessert.
Congrats on the upcoming graduation. I bet you are so proud of him. I bet the celebration with your friends was so much fun. Glad you had a wonderful weekend. Have a great week!

Steffie B. said...

What a fun night...and I have to totally agree with Adele.....you look fabulous....I can see the weight loss as well. And boy do I need some inspiration right now!

You are SMOKIN'! ;)

Nikki said...

How were you able to eat all that yummy goodness (until you almost popped...which, when I first read it, thought it said "pooped"!)
Anyhoo, how can you eat all that and still look SOOOO stinkin' skinny!? Is it the Zumba? I haven't stopped thinking about that since I watched the video...do they sell DVD's?? I'd love to do it at home.

I'm rambling...sorry you had a wonderful weekend - you deserve it!

Nikki said...

I meant I'm sorry about the rambling...I'm GLAD you had a wonderful weekend!
Whew! I'm done!

~LL~ said...

We also had a wonderful weekend. I'm trying to figure out a way we can do something again before......

Anonymous said...

Looks like you all had a fantastic fun night. What wonderful friends you have, where is Bravo? I have never heard of it but the food looks yummy. A new place for me and hubby to try.

Ashley said...

1) The food looks yummy!

2) Time with friends and family is great, isn't it?

3) I, along with Nikki, read popped as "pooped"! :)

YAY for hubby almost graduating!!!

missy said...

I just found your blog by way of someone's blog roll... your daughter is just adorable!!! What a little beauty you have : )

Mardi said...

Looks like fun! Could you send some of that Tarimasu over to my blog?? :) Congratulations to your soon to be grad!! :) woohoo!

Gwen Oatsvall said...

ok, i almost reached into the computer for the food ... hee hee ... staying up so late w/Maggie each night has me hungry !!!! Congrats on the upcoming graduation !!!

Ashley said...

PS - It's great to be able to put a face with LL! :)

Ashley said...

PS - It's great to be able to put a face with LL! :)

PandaMom said...

Girl, all I can say is that YOU look Fabulous!!!!!!! ; )