Yesterday, we celebrated Teacher Appreciation at our Preschool. I have had many teacher appreciations with lots of wonderful surprises from my students. This year was a little different though. We are at such a place in our lives where we take NOTHING for granted. We are thankful for every morsel we have. This transition in our lives has truly tested our faith. We pray for "manna from heaven" every day to sustain us until we make this transition complete. Yesterday brought tears to my eyes, not only at the wonderful surprise from my students and their families, but because of God's continual faithfulness and provision.
Yesterday morning, I walked into my classroom, and my tables were already set up. My desk had a table cloth on it with this sign and plant. Already I was blessed. Then I looked closer to the plant and noticed about 5 gift cards on it. Wow!! What an awesome treat. Then I saw the note on my chair that said my students would be coming in with gift cards to fill the plant....and they did. Not only that, but each child had a special card that told why I was special to them. My heart is truly blessed.
Now, my room mom is the BEST cake maker ever!! She made this beautifully, scrumptious, chocolate cake for us. And, she brought me lunch from Subway.
I realized this morning that I did not take a final picture of my plant with all the gift cards, so here we go. God provided me with Walmart grocery money, Kohls and Old Navy "new pants" money, Chicfila "fun" eat out money, Dipp'en Dots ice cream money, Book store money, Target "new bathing suit" money, Starbucks "favorite coffee" money, and Home Depot "fix up the house" money. The cards total to more than $150. What a sweet and wonderful way my class has blessed me, and what a wonderful testimony to God's faithfulness.
Wednesday, April 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

13 comments:
Aw....I have tears just reading this. Isn't it wonderful to KNOW that you are loved? I mean, I guess we always know, but when it is outspoken like that, you can really FEEL it!!!!
That is so wonderful! God is good.
how wonderful! What a wonderful day and gift!
What a sweet group of students/families you have! I'm sorry this is a difficult time for you. I pray that it gets better and soon.
What wonderful students and families you have!! I'm sorry this is a tough time for your family. I know it will get better for you and I pray it will happen soon.
That is wonderful that you have a group of kids and moms who really appreciate and love you. Do you wanna share any of those gift cards? LOL ENJOY!!!
I am so happy for you and your family! God IS so good...I'm glad He gave you a big reminder of how special you are to Him.
I just posted today about how God is Jehovah Jireh. He WILL provide for all of our needs. It is so easy to get discouraged but God always takes care of His children. I am so glad used your sweet students to touch your heart and meet your needs. I am sure you are so touched by the generosity of your students and their parents. You are such a precious person. I can see why they would want to honor you in such a sweet way. Glad you had a wonderful day, my sweet friend.
Awwww that was so sweet! :) I love gift cards!!
That is absolutely wonderful! You really are loved. I can't believe all of the gift cards...what a blessing.
The teachers must have felt extremely loved....what a wonderful thing! Sometimes it is thankless job but it is so great when teachers get the spoiling they deserve!
WOW!! How wonderful!!!!
WOW!!
You are loved so much:)
Absolutely wonderful!
Post a Comment