Easter morning. The beginning of a beautiful day. Spicy Girl and I attended all three services, however the first service was special as we did a flowering of the cross. Spicy Girl and I went up together and placed our flowers on the cross. She said to me, "Mommy, Jesus is alive!" Yes my darling, He Is Alive!!
Being a Children's Pastor on staff at a somewhat large church with lots and lots of precious children means that we sometimes miss out on out of town family gatherings. We live about 3 hours away from home, so after 3 services Sunday morning (which were wonderful), we jumped in the car and raced home to see our families. This all took place in 24 hours because I had to be back at work on Tuesday. So here goes.
First stop, Boppa and Mamama's house. These are the Easter baskets that Aunt Ree, Aunt Mimi and Boppa and Mamama had for Spicy Girl. The aunts and cousins were already gone, so I hope they can see S.G.'s excitement here.
Then we did a quick egg hunt.
Now, what's Easter without those....uh....icky Peeps? Hee-Hee. Spicy Girl loves them!!
You don't usually see Boppa sitting on this chair without a dog or two on his lap.
Next stop, Nana's house. We spent Sunday night with her. When asked where she could take us to lunch, Daddy S. had a "hankering" for some real, authentic BBQ. You don't get any better that The Salt Lick. You have to drive back into the Texas hill country to find this place, but it's the most amazing bar-be-que. Spicy Girl even liked it. She ate a plate full of sausage and pickles.
This is their famous sauce!!
After piddling around for the day, we had to head on back home this evening. So, in 24 hours we hit both families houses, ate meals with them, had an egg hunt, and just got to enjoy a little time with our family. Wish it were longer!!

12 comments:
Wow! You must be exhausted!
But, it looked like a lot of fun and indeed worth the trip.
That first picture of Spicy Girl was absolutely beautiful!
Glad you had such a blessed Easter.
I can feel you panting from being out of breath! All of it looked fun, though. Hmmm...now I am wanting some good BBQ!
You guys have such a fun life. I really enjoy seeing all of the things that you do!
I LOVE THE SALT LICK! It was a favorite place to take folks who were visiting us when we lived in the great city.
Flowering the cross was beautiful. I have a picture of it. I'll have to post it in my blog...that I need to write soon :D
Wow! Looks like a FULLy fun day!
Only two days worth of matching. There are quite a few unhappy people out there. hey...are you DTC yet? Did I miss that announcment?
Well, congrats to you. I must have missed that while on vacation. As far as travel....I am hoping for a referral in Sept or Oct of 2008 which means a winter travel which doesn't make me happy. Only because I know the chances of the babies being sick is greater. I'm also hoping for some kind of speed up with CCAA. I'm thinking maybe by Jan 2008...perhaps they can get caught up to maybe a 12 moth wait? I don't know....I realize it is going to be a long journey and I don't want to get too upset about it. The fact that I have Sophia and Daniel, I hope will keep me calm. How about you? How are you feeling about all this?
Well we got Sophia's referral in
5 1/2 months, so I'm sure this will feel like an eternity. But I'm just happy we got everything done before the May 1st deadline! I'm waiting for my LID too. Hoping anyday now. Have you joined the April Yahoo group yet?
Wow non stop Easter action, looks like spicy girl had a great time.
Have a craving for BBQ ribs now...
wow- sounds like quite an Easter! I'm sure Spicy girl totally loved all the baskets and yummy treats!
So jealous...I'm from Austin. Miss that bbq...in a BIG WAY. Living now in the great NE but jonesing for some bbq and tex-mex...
L is from Yueyang, Hunan...spicy to boot!
Post a Comment