Sunday, April 29, 2007

Dragon Boat Races

Today most of our playgroup went to the First Annual Dragon Boat Races. We had to drive to an area I wasn't familiar with, so we met at Deshing Darling's house so I could follow them. Look who wore matching clothes today. I guess Mommy D. and I do a lot of shopping at Target. LOL.For about 4 days now, Spicy Girl has been telling me, " I am not going to be afraid of the Lion Dance this time because I know it's just people in costumes." And sure enough, she wasn't afraid this time.

This was an awesome Dragon Dance.


The girls got dragon paintings on their arms.



Here is the Dragon Boat Race. The one in front is banging on a drum as they row the boat.




Group shot of mommies and daughters.






Hugs for our friends.















19 comments:

Michelle said...

Thanks so much for your comment the other day!

I love the name of your blog and the meaning behind it...your daughter is adorable!

Looks like it was a fun time!

Mardi said...

awww..I love the picture of the girls hugging. Cute matching outfits! :) I'm glad you all had a weekend of fun!

Anonymous said...

adorable picture of the girls with their mommys! looks like a fun day!

Elisa...life as we know it. said...

looks like a really fun day...I love the pics of them hugging..so cute!

Jeff and Valerie said...

What sweet girls and good friends too! Your spicy girl is quite cute! Glad to have found your blog (-:

Mama Darling said...

It was a lot of fun! I'm still laughing about the parking garage incident. What would we do without Daddy D?
See you tomorrow.

redmaryjanes said...

I just love seeing the girls together and your group coordinates the most wonderful outings.

Beckyb said...

That looks like SO much fun - we need to MOVE!!!! :)

Amy said...

What a wonderful outing for your group. The girls are just too cute. I was laughing really hard because my little one has the exact same shirt from Target as well. Thanks for sharing your joy.

Anonymous said...

That looks like sooo much fun! What fun activities and being able to meet up with friends! Cute pics as well!

Steffie B. said...

Sophia has that same outfit! Looks like the girls had a great time! Very cool pictures!

C's Mom said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Love the beautiful photos. It is such a boost for us waiting mamas to see these little ones!

Nikki said...

That looks like so much fun! Lily would've loved that...

The girls (as always) looked super cute. I love Target's little girl clothes, and I am a huge fan of having the little ones match!

Mom 2 six said...

What a great post and pictures. I love the ones of the girls hugging.

crazylady said...

All I see is tattoos. And my mind went blank. All the things I need to brace myself for. Only my kids will want the real deal.
Senja.

Anonymous said...

Wow! What a fun, fun day it looks like that was! (I bet your daughter and her friend were thoroughly delighted to discover they had matching tops!)

kitchu said...

Wow, that looks like so much fun! Love how the girls ended up in the same outfits... too cute!!

xiao said...

you guys are very nice person, how lucky for those kids from my country.

Anonymous said...

I found your blog by jumping from Panda Girl's. She looked so familiar. Then I realized y'all don't live far. Your playgroup's name sounded familiar too. Your daughters are so darling.

I am a member of 2 FCC playgroups just north of y'all. They have been so wonderful for us. I will be sad when my daughter goes to school 5 days a week. I guess we will have to start an offshoot group so we can still be involved.

I don't have a blog but I love reading everyone else's. I was sorry we couldn't make the Dragon Boat race last weekend with the Fireflies. It looked like a lot of fun.

I will look foward to tuning in.Gotta Run--Divine Design is on.


mom to an Anhui Angel