Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Getting Their Hands Dirty

A couple of weeks ago my parents were in town for a quick visit. Before leaving, they ran over to Lowes and grabbed us some tomato, basil and rosemary plants. We've been watering them in our window for these past two weeks, but just hadn't had the time to plant them yet.
When Daddy came home from work on Monday, he decided it was time!! So S.G., who loves being outside and helping Daddy, threw on the closest shoes she could find and ran outside with him. I pulled her hair back in a scrunchee and let her go!











Daddy turned on the sprinklers and S.G. "rinsed" her hands off....
and everything else.



Thank you Boppa and Mamama. We got them all planted and watered. They look great!






12 comments:

redmaryjanes said...

I can't wait until it warms up enough for me to work on my garden. My children love to help out too.

Mama Darling said...

What fun! DD loves helping her daddy too, especially if it involves making a mess. Hey, so glad to hear that your paperwork is officially on it's way! Your mei mei is in our prayers.

Verna said...

Hi,
Popping (pun intended) over from Nikki and Lily's blog. Mya looked at your picture of hands and said "dirty hands". You must live farther south than us cuz we have snow again and won't be planting for at least 6 weeks. Beautiful pics in thec blue bonnets.

Nikki said...

I love that! Fun daddy/daughter times...looks like S.G. did a great job planting.

P.S. I see Verna left you a comment...you should let her know you'd like her to do something with your blog...she is GREAT!
Her blog is www.nevertoomany.blogspot.com

Mardi said...

My goal is to one day have a garden! I have the land set aside in my back yard for one, but I haven't started it yet. I think is such an awesome activity to do as a family!

Spicy girl looks adorable hunched over her garden. :)

M and M said...

That looks like a great day! Nothing like getting the hands dirty!!

Anonymous said...

People of the soil. I love it.

Now, watch 'um grow and flourish.

Elisa...life as we know it. said...

Looks fun..kids love to to do gardening..it's a great way to get dirty without getting in to trouble too!

kitchu said...

What great fun! Can't wait to share similar experiences with my little girl!

~LL~ said...

I've been meaning to do my gardening for the past 3 weeks...but the lakes I have in my yard have prevented it. :D

I'm jealous that you have something in the ground. I'm slow this year....thank goodness for a long growing season, huh?

Steffie B. said...

Lucky you....we are hoping for warm weather back home soon! ;)

Emmie said...

She sure does like getting down and dirty! I'm sure the plants will look beautiful!!