Anyone out there an American Idol fan? I have been since the second season; Ruben vs. Clay. When we still lived in our hometown, my parents would come over for dinner and American Idol. Spicy Girl was not even 2 yet, and was watching right along with us. It was a great weekly get together. I'm still a big American Idol fan. Although this is not my favorite year, I still have my favorites picked out. I went ahead and posted the last 6 contestants, just to give my opinion, but I can't wait to hear yours. The contestants are in order from my most favorite to my least favorite.
Jordin. What a voice! I know, Melinda is amazing and incredible, and could possibly win this competition, but not without an awesome fight from Jordin. I just love her!
Melinda. Once a background singer; now she most definitely holds her own. She is a fantastic, truly gifted performer, and if she doesn't win American Idol, she will still MAKE IT!
Blake. I really love Blake. He is different from any of the other guys, whom I have not cared much for this season. I love what he does with songs, and although I doubt he will win American Idol, I think he will get his own thing going.
Lakisha. In the beginning, I really liked her. I still think she has a great voice, but she has some pitchy problems, and I'm not always crazy about her song choices.
Phil. Not my favorite. As a matter of fact, I was hoping he would be gone by now....however, last week I was pretty impressed with the country theme. This week again, he really showed a strength in the country genre. I do wish he would grow some hair back. I am NOT a fan of his bald head.
I have never been a fan of Chris. I will be surprised if he makes it this week. He has a sweet face, but his voice does not hold a candle to the other contestants. I'm curious to see who goes tomorrow.Tell me what you think. I know there must be some other American Idol fans out there. If you have favorites from the past, let me know.

19 comments:
Love the header !!
Idol is a family affair here. We all have our favorites.
you need to chat with Emmie...she loves that show! lol
Sorry, I can't help you with this one. Missed out on this season. Well....after watching the auditions and saw Darwin Reedy who wrote a Novella with a character in it just like Simon! LOL!
CUTE Blog! How does someone go about getting their own cute blog?
Hey, this is the same order that I would put them in. I liked last season's singers a little better, though. I guess it's pretty sad that this is the only non-news show that I really try to watch each week. Your top 3 are pretty awesome, but I was totally bummed when they voted Sanjaya off of the show....NOT!!!!!!
I was really into American Idol last year and the year before but not so much this year. I started watching it at the beginning and wasn;t really into it or the contestants. I guess then I just forgot about it and didn't have much time nor got into it.
This is the first season I missed, did you ever see the show from London England a couple of years back where they had the top idols from around the world..that was a good show.
Oh yeah, we all watch AI around here.
Jordin and Blake are my favorites. I like Melinda too, but I think the other 2 have the "whole package"!
Chris is adorable, but I agree with you on his voice.
Tonite was a huge shock...I am happy they are all sticking around for another week. Next Wednesday will be crazy when TWO are cut!
OOOOPS!
Didn't mean to ruin the surprise for you!
I may be the only American around who has never even seen one single episode of "American Idol". But, thought I would direct you to a fan...Flat Reed's dad watches it every time and has been posting his views on his blog. (He is a soon to be dad awaiting the arrival home of his infant son, being adopted from Taiwan. In the meantime, he and his wife have made a life-sized representation of their son by pasting his enlarged photo on foamboard and cutting it out. They are hilarious...they take "Flat Reed" (their waiting son is named Reed) all over the place and take photos of him in the midst of all sorts of wacky situations. Flat Reed has assumed a life of his own! I think Melinda was Flat Reed's pick, maybe...certainly didn't seem to be able to stand Sanjaya (or whatever his name was). You can find a link to Flat Reed's blog in my side-bar ("Landlife" under the "Families in Process" grouping.)
Thanks for stopping by my site tonight! I found YOUR site through Darcy, I think...if I am remembering correctly. At any rate, she thinks the world of your blog (or should I say your DAUGHTER!)! Darcy found your site through Emmie's blog. I had to chuckle when I read that you hadn't connected me as being Darcy's mom until you saw her photo on my blog tonight! ...I guess you WOULDN'T have had any way of knowing!
Love the new look ...
Andrea
I don't follow it very closely, but I do think Chris is very likeable.
I love your new blog skin!
MaMaMa is for your two, I would go w Mlinda by a hair, w Jordan a very close second. She really knocked out WHEN YOU WALK THRU A STORM. Wow! Love the new format.
I love your new art work. I remember when we first watched this America Idol addiction. The best thing about it was we got together as a family. Jordon is my favorite too. Nice pesonality with an awesome gift.
Ma Spice said...
We're all AI geeks in our house. Jordin's good, but our absolute favorite is Melinda. Don't care much for any of the guys (all one trick ponies, IMHO!).
Back to Season 2, we were all huge Clay fans. Again, Reuben was just a one trick pony (and where is he, anyway??
Okay, enough for now...
Of course like everyone else, I love Jordin and Melinda. I don't care much for any of the boys.
The best part of the entire season was the duet on Wed night by Celine and Elvis. That was just fascinating! I'm even tempted to go online an pay to download that performance.
I'm right there with you, except for Phil. I actually do like Phil, but not as much as I like Blake. So I guess my personal order would be:
Jordin
Blake/Melinda
Phil
Lakisha
Chris
LOVE the new blog!! I'm trying to decide if I want to switch over to Wordpress - it's really a pretty layout, but just a little plain.
I am all about Mindy Doo!!
LOVE AI!!!!
Keep smilin!
its one of the best blogs i have seen :)) GREAT WORK ....i wanna share something too with all u fans visit www.idol-mania.com . and ENJOY the stuff :))
Post a Comment