Sunday, August 12, 2007

Art & Water

Talk about packing a lot into a weekend.... Daddy Spice is taking an Art History class. His assignment last Thursday evening, was a scavenger hunt at the Dallas Museum of Art. Spicy Girl and I tagged along.....desperately hoping for a children's area. Well, there was one. We found this huge lego tower that anyone could build upon. S.G. stayed here for a while just building and creating.Then we found a drawing and building area. These were mobile creations.

S.G. loved the drawing area. The assignment here was to draw a picture of a friend or family member to hang on the wall. S.G. drew a picture of....Elizabeth....a pretend friend.






This area had all kinds of blocks and gadgets. S.G. found a horn to blow. Ewee, germs.



On Friday, we took 4-6 graders, who were part of a 2 week discipleship program, to Hurricane Harbor....a water park. We had a blast!!















When we got home from the water park, my parents came for 2 nights. We did LOTS of shopping. Fun, fun, fun!







10 comments:

Amy said...

I love the art!

Beth said...

SG has an eye for drawing and is becoming quite an artist.

Glad you had a wonderful weekend, it looked like a blast.

hugs from us!

mommy24treasures said...

oh wow, I could probably never drag mine away from the lego thing, they would have LOVED it.
More exciting weekend than ours! I am ready for a fun weekend.

Mama Darling said...

So glad you had a nice relaxing weekend. LOL Guess you'll be nice and rested for our play group activity tomorrow! Looking forward to seeing y'all.

Adele said...

Wow, SG is very artistic! So glad you all had such a nice weekend. The water park looks like fun. I can tell Miss SG had a blast there! Have a great week!

Nikki said...

Busy, busy! Looks like SG had a blast all around (her friend Elizabeth is just lovely, by the way!)...that waterpark looks like MY cup of tea!

Holly said...

Sounds like a fun weekend. I love Spicy Girl's drawing.

Gracie said...

Adorable....That art is very cool! She is very talented!

Steffie B. said...

What fun....I love the water pics! They are great!

Kelley said...

Looks like a great weekend! How did Daddy Spice do on the scavenger hunt?!

Can't wait to see you again!

K.