
So, I've gotten some calls and emails about my previous post. I thought I'd better go back and read what I wrote. I don't know how to explain what I'm dealing with without going into detail, which I cannot right now. I thought this Charlie Brown picture really kinda summed up the way I feel. In the past month, there has been a lot of change at once. I'm processing... In the meantime, I really think I'm going through a mini "pre" mid life crisis. It's the weirdest thing. I've always heard about this, but I didn't realize how quick it could be triggered. With the changes that I'm processing right now, I'm also suddenly feeling on the verge of being too old for things I was never too old for. Does that make sense? I turned 38 this summer. Not old, I know, but 2 years away from 40. Again, not old, but I'm still feeling it. Then I realized I was just letting myself gain weight because I could....I'm almost 40. Wow! What a terrible attitude. So, as I said before, I joined a gym. I have been diligent about working out there and using our 4 month old treadmill that was becoming a storage shelf for boxes. I can already feel the difference from my workouts. Anyway, blah, blah, blah...
Thanks for the thoughts and prayers. Really, I know I'm going to be fine. In this weirdness, I have not taken my camera out at all, which really tells you something, but I will get back to cutie patootie pictures soon.

In the message at church this morning, a pretzel illustration was given. As this person was on a plane, she was given a bag of pretzels she just could not open. She pulled and tugged, bit and shook, but could not open the darn thing. Then she looked at the top of the bag where it says, "tear here." She tore there, and it opened right up. Sometimes we make a situation way tougher than it should be. When the situation is behind us, we can see that it really wasn't that big of a deal. I can't wait to get there!!

14 comments:
Sounds like you will get through the stage/phase just fine. I feel you are already 3/4 of the way there.
{{{HUGS}}}
When I start to go through it in a year or 2, you can guide me....K?
I hope you find the tear in the bag, soon. :D
LOVE YA!
It is so hard to be marinating in a funk. Year 38 was an interesting year for me too, I can sympathize.
Praying for the peace that passes understanding. ~ll~ said it best, I too hope you find the tear in the bag soon.
We are looking forward to seeing y'all again.
You and I must be going through the same thing right now. So many changes in our lives at once can really throw us for a loop. I kind of had the same concept about gaining weight that you did. I had to chuckle because we have had our treadmill exactly four months and I have been on it ONE time and that was the first day we got it. Let's just continue to pray each other through these difficult times in our lives. "The wait" with our second daughters doesn't help the situation either. ;)
I think it's the long wait for your daughter that gets you down! Have you ever thought about switching over to the SN program? A TA for a SN child is only 6-9 months. CHI has a really sweet 15 month old girl who had a Repaired cleft lip, repaired cleft palate. She is very cute and healthy, and has a very high IQ. She began walking at 11 months, and could even stack blocks before she turned 1 years old. She is one example of the 1000's of waiting kids. If you want more information just e-mail me at amy_heymann@yahoo.de
Hello,
I am a freelance writer working on a story for the associated press about playgroups.
I'd to talk with you about your group. Are you interested in being interviewed?
Please email me at mdutton@columbus.rr.com if you'd like to chat.
Best,
Melissa Dutton
Hey you spicy momma! Here's to tearing open those pretzels...and then eating them (they are a low fat snack afterall, right?)
I think the winds of change are a blowin' everywhere...
Thinking of you, and I am always just an email away.
Good illustration and so true...I went through a similar thing at 38...but this year at 40 has been pretty great! I am praying that God leads you joyfully into this new season of life!
Hang in there, my friend. I am well past 38 (sigh...) and can assure you that this too will pass. It's so funny that Mommy Firecracker used the term marinate because that's exactly what I was thinking about when I was reading your post. Almost exactly a year ago, I wrote a post about marinating in a funk myself. Here it is, if you're interested. http://lifewithmytwogirls.blogspot.com/2006/08/in-funkmaybe-its-time-to-marinate.html
Hugs,
K.
WOW! The pretzel analogy is sooo cute! Feel better soon!
glad you are ok,
I pray the weight drops off quickly and you feel better.
We are all entitled to a little "Wha Happened?" time. Remember: "It's the storm, not you, that's bound to blow away".
Tay has started going to the gym voluntarily. Gads!
She even does some weights.
Thinking of you..........must be in the air!
Thinking of you...I know "this too shall pass" Hang in there and know you are a wonderful woman, mom, and bloggy friend! :)
by the way...you are beatiful just the way you are...but I know what you mean about how working out can make you feel better.
Take Care and have a great weekend!
Post a Comment