Friday, August 03, 2007

The Circus

Look where we went tonight. We took Spicy Girl to the circus.



















Chinese Acrobats! They were amazing!!






Spicy Girl's souvenir. A snow cone in a big horse cup.

This summer, Spicy Girl earned a circus ticket by reading a certain amount of books at our local library. I was really excited because we've never taken her to anything on stage before (Sesame Street Live, Disney on Ice...), so this was perfect. She absolutely loved it. As a matter of fact, she got very upset when she couldn't go on stage to be a part of it all. She has decided she wants to be in the circus.....uh, oh. Anyway, her favorite part of the circus was her souvenir cup, the motorcycles (they really were incredible) and the dogs. I haven't been to the circus since I was 9, so this was just as much fun for me. I have to say, Daddy Spicy enjoyed it as well.







20 comments:

kitchu said...

Wow, that brought back HUGE memories of my Dad taking us when I was her age. HOW FUN.

Kelley said...

How fun!! I haven't been to the circus in many many maaaaany moons! The Big Apple Circus comes to our town every year and I think that this is the year that we're taking the girls. I took Emily one year to watch the elephants raise the big top -- just that was a blast!

Gracie said...

Sounded like yall had fun! Love the snow cone holder thingy!!!! Too cute!

Unknown said...

She is one beautiful girl. Glad you all had a great time!

Elise said...

Looks like a total blast!

Beckyb said...

What a fun night - we LOVE the circus!!!! AND Spicy Girl looks so pretty too!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, that looks like so much fun! Glad to hear you all had a good time.

Holly said...

Looks like a lot of fun. Glad Spicy Girl enjoyed it!

Roy and Lori said...

Wow........Looks like so much fun!

Nikki said...

What a great idea...I haven't been to the Circus in SUCH a long time.

Adele said...

Yall saw the same show we did.It looks like the same ringmaster. We took Mallory recently and we really had a blast. It's so much fun seeing things through a child's eyes. I am so glad you all had a great time. SG is just precious!

PandaMom said...

Looks like it all worked out GREAT! Can't wait to talk to you!

Anonymous said...

I want to join the circus with Spicy Girl. I want to be a clown. SG could be an acrobat or trapeze artist, huh??

mommy24treasures said...

We loooove the circus! We go every year. It comes to town here, in January, just when you need a good outing and are tired of winter. Looks like everyone had fun!

Tamara said...

Looks like fun! What a super reward for reading. The dogs were always my fave at the circus too!

Lauren said...

Sounds like fun! I haven't been to the circus in forever.

Mama Darling said...

Glad you had a great time! Don't worry, every child wants to join the circus at some time in their life. Just be glad she wants to join when she's 4 yrs old. If she still wants to do it at 14, you might have a problem. lol

Adele said...

You have been tagged. :)

redmaryjanes said...

You guys are always doing the funnest stuff!

4D said...

First time to the circus is always a special memory in the making.

Keep smilin!