Monday, August 20, 2007

Cookies, Musical and Xtreme Jump

We were so busy this past weekend, that I haven't had time to even get on the computer until today. I'll start with Friday morning. Spicy Girl and I went over to the Desheng Darling's house to say goodbye, give hugs and say a prayer with them. As many of you know, they are in China right now, and should have baby Doodlebug in their arms as we speak. I took a few pictures over there, but the girls were running around so much, I just didn't get a good one.


Friday afternoon, Spicy Girl and I made homemade chocolate chip cookies. S.G. loves to help and want to do everything all by herself, so I backed off as much as I could stand it and let her make the cookies.











They sure were yummy!!






I also got the itch to make some bows. Now, I did this a lot in the 80's with my dorm roommates, but it's been a long time. Here are a few I came up with.

We ended the evening with eating cookies and watching High School Musical 2. I absolutely loved it. Although a bit cheezy in parts, it is so much fun to watch. To me, it's an escape from reality; a nice 2 hours of music and fun!!



Today we met our playgroup at Xtreme Jump. The girls were like those little toys you wind up and let them go. S.G. was alllll over the place. Needless to say, she had a blast!!







Hanging on the velcro wall.









Sliding


Now I need some rest!!



















13 comments:

Unknown said...

What wonderful pics..LOoks like everyone had a great time!!! thanks for posting pics!

redmaryjanes said...

You guys always have so much going on! I love making chocolate chip cookies with the kids. That velcro wall looks cool.

mommy24treasures said...

Looks like a fun weekend. The cookies look tasty and neatly done.

PandaMom said...

Looks fun! AHEM...PG could use a few new bows, please. ; )

Anonymous said...

What a fun time! Hehe, Trent and I watched HSM 2 as well and we don't even have a little one yet! IT was great!

Holly said...

Awesome pictures. Those cookies look yummy. I watched Highschool musical 2 also. Loved it!

LaLa said...

she looks so proud of those cookies and I bet they were yummy!!

Love the bows. I have the hardest time finding the kind I like for Annslee...are they hard to make?

Becky said...

The hairbows are adorable! Do you have instructions you could share? We had an HSM2 party here - four little girls squealing with delight and dancing and singing! Gotta run out and get the soundtrack CD so I can knock the old HSM songs out of my head with some new ones!

Jenni at talking hairdryer said...

We watched HSM2! It was a big deal at our house. We even had a little party. Spicy Girl is a great cookie maker! It looks like she did a great job. I let my little ones do it all by themselves if the dough is already made and cut and all they have to do is put it on the cookie sheet.

Adele said...

Oh how fun! SG is quite a cook. Those cookies look delicious. Looks like you all had a wonderful weekend.
Aren't you talented??? Love the bows. I wish I could make bows. Mallory's bows have become a budget item. They are so expensive, especially the king bows like we get. I need to learn how to make them myself. Would save me alot of $.
Take care.

Linette said...

What great pics! She's making me want some cookies. :) If you ever start selling bows, let me know. Hannah is a bow girl too!

Nikki said...

Holy Cow! I'm tired just READING about your adventures...so glad your friends have their sweet baby! That is great news!

Looks like SG is having a blast this summer. She is an awesome, little baker, too -- pass me a cookie!

I LOOOOVE bows, Lily wears one every day...yours are very cute. Good job!

Hope you got some rest, momma!

~LL~ said...

Were you a bow-head? :D

they are cute....I ALMOST wish I had girls. :D