Tuesday, August 07, 2007

A Little R & R

Some of you were wondering what we were doing in a hotel this week. Let me try to explain. Sometimes, when there is a lot going on and Daddy S. needs some "away" time to read and pray, we find a hotel close to home, but far enough away, to have some alone time. D.S. called me from the office on Thursday last week and said he was ready for a little R&R. So I quickly got on Orbitz, found a hotel about 45 minutes away....with a pool, and booked it. We squeezed a lot into this time away....while still allowing D.S. quiet time on his own.
This was Sunday morning. Daddy S. played pirate in the Sunday morning kid's service.

ARG....time for the memory verse!!

By Sunday evening, we were at our destination. We met family for dinner to celebrate D.S.'s sister's birthday. This is not her. This is her daugher-in-law...our nephew's wife, who is having a baby in about 2 months. S.G. was greeting him.


On Monday morning, S.G. and I ate breakfast and headed to the pool for some playtime. This is her first hot tub experience. She never made it all the way in.....too hot!!



After swimming, we cleaned up and went to the mall. Would you believe that Superman was there making balloon animals? Well, he was, and S.G. got a butterfly.










We found the play area. I had forgotten that this is where we took our Christmas picture. S.G. was laying across a chili pepper. Well, she found it and wanted to pose on it again. I don't know what this "hand on hip" thing is all about.






Did I mention that Daddy S. is finishing his degree? He has done his schooling for his minister's papers, but he never finished his business degree. He has been working on it for some time now, and is finally nearing the end. Well, he started shool last night...a 2 week night course. He's also taking a full semester class and 2 1-week classes in the fall. His Art Appreciation class started last night. S.G. and I were waiting for his class to let out. The campus where he attends is beautiful!!







Last night, S.G. put bows in D.S.'s hair and thought it was absolutely hilarious!!

We are back home. All is well. D.S. is a bit more refreshed and ready for God's continual direction in our life.








13 comments:

Unknown said...

ONce again, I can not wait for moments like this. Great pictures!

Beth said...

What a great idea, to get away for prayer and r&r!

Of course we love that play area too. Hint hint, it will be a fun place to do a winter double play date. :-)

Still working on the other idea, I emailed MD today since last week got away from me. I want to have more info before I lay it out for the glamour and m2 girls.

Have a wonderful week.

Mommy Firecracker

Kelley said...

Well, of course bows in daddy's hair is hysterical! It's so wonderful that y'all could get away for a bit of R&R. So intrigued by Mommy Firecracker's secret plan. :-)

Anonymous said...

Oh, I am loving the hair bows in daddy's hair ;-)

Holly said...

As usual........adorable pics!

LaLa said...

what a great idea...nice getaway...love the bows of course

Lauren said...

That is such a neat idea!!!! Glad you guys are having fun!

Adele said...

Sometimes you just have to get away. I totally understand. :)
I can tell that your husband is a wonderful children's minister...doing what it takes to teach little ones about God. Good stuff!!
Mallory loves putting bows in Ron's hair and also crowns on his head. We have pics to prove it. Good blackmail material. HAHA.
Spicy Girl is just so beautiful. Maybe one day our girls can meet.

Steffie B. said...

I totally understand that. I remember being the Children's Ministry Director at our church too....it can be exhausting!

Good for you.....I hope DS is refreshed!

PandaMom said...

Ditto! I tagged you, too! LOL! Come see.

~LL~ said...

LOVE IT!

I'm glad y'all ot to get awa for some play time...it is quite rejuvenating, huh?

mommy24treasures said...

that is a good idea. Very wise for your SD to know he needed some refreshing. Looks like a good trip. Love the balloon.

Amy said...

super idea!