Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Be Careful Little Ears What You Hear...


So I'm flipping through the channels the other day and land on FRIENDS. I watched for a few seconds before Spicy Girl walked into the room. At that precise moment, Joey says,
"D@#!@# Phoebe!" Before I even had time to push the button on the remote to change the channel, S.G. repeats, "D@#!@#! Phoebe!" Instead of making a big deal about what a bad word that is (because S.G. would then remember it and probably use it again), I quickly changed the channel, and then wondered if I would tell Daddy S. Of course I did, because if S.G. would have repeated it again, I wanted to assure him she didn't hear if from me. He laughed and assured me he knew I didn't talk like that.
Have you listened to the language on t.v. these days? It has just gotten so raunchy. There's not much we can watch with S.G. nearby.
BTW, I was an avid FRIENDS watcher. Shhhhh!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Bad Joey!!!

We have years to go before I need to figure out what to do in that situation..i have no clue as to what I would do

Lauren said...

Yeah I know what you mean. I like Friends but I have to be careful because I dont want to fill my mind with such language!

PandaMom said...

It's killing me, but where are the playgroup pics?

DITTO on the TV. There is hardly ANYthing we can watch with PG in the room. Either bad words, ugly tone of voice or scary music and sounds. Gee, maybe we shouldn't watch it either! LOL!

Adele said...

I so agree with you. There is hardly anything worth watching these days on tv. We have to be so careful what their little ears hear. They pick up on everything for sure. I usually watch the food network or HGTV. Not too many bad things going on over there. HAHA.

Nikki said...

Oh yeah, their little ears know EXACTLY which words to pick up, don't they?
Lily has repeated a 'key' word here or there...unfortunately I can't blame Joey -- it was ALL me...shhhh.

redmaryjanes said...

Eli started to say shut up and I couldn't figure out where it was coming from. Sure enough, there is a big scene in Disney's Brother Bear where the mooses get in a yelling war saying shut up! I tell you, you have to be so careful.