Sunday, September 02, 2007

Reunion Weekend

Ok, I know it's been a while. These days are just kinda crazy right now, and I just haven't had the time or energy to blog. I do miss it, and I'm going to try to update at least a couple times a week. All I can say is I'll do my best.
We went home this past weekend for a family reunion. Daddy S. and I are both from Austin, so most of our family and "childhood" friends are there. We called our best friends on the way in Friday evening to see if we could get together. They had plans to go to a baseball game with a group of colleagues. They had a private room with a buffet dinner so the family could come along. Anyway, they called us back and said we could come. We were so excited because the man that our friend works for happens to be one of my good friends from high school. He and his wife were high school sweethearts and both really good friends of mine. So on this night, I got to see friends from 2 walks of life. We had a great time.....despite the pouring down rain. We never got to see the game, but we did get to see fireworks.

This is my best friend, "D". Our husbands grew up together, so when "K" met "D" in college, married her, and brought her home, she and I hit it off. We were both teachers. We spent our weekends playing cards, going to movies and just hanging out. We bought duplexes next door to each other during our early married years, then built houses next door to each other. Who gets to be neighbors with their best friends? It was such a great time in our lives. Of all the fun, the most important thing about my "D" is that she is a woman after God's heart. She has been the most encouraging and uplifting friend, and I love her soooo much!!!

This is "D"s daughter, Little "A". She and S.G. are great friends and had fun playing in the rain.






On Saturday we had our family reunion. I did not take many pictures that day. This is not great of S.G., but it's all I have. She was getting ready to play Duck, Duck, Goose with cousins.




Playing piano with her cousin Kaya.
Preschool starts for S.G. this week, so I will get some pics posted of her in her leopard outfit....as she's in the leopards class.






10 comments:

LaLa said...

Looks like a great time. Glad she had fun with friends and cousins!

Elisa...life as we know it. said...

Good luck to SG for her pre school!

mommy24treasures said...

I am glad you had a nice time.
Can't wait to here about preschool.
Hope you are feeling better and the work outs are going well.

Adele said...

I am glad you all had a nice visit with your friends and family. S.G. is just too precious! I can't wait to see preschool pictures. Mallory starts this Tuesday. I just can't believe how time flies.

Holly said...

Glad you guys had fun. Cute pictures. I'll look forward to hearing about preschool.

C's Mom said...

Thanks for the update.

I love the pic of the girls at the piano.

redmaryjanes said...

I'm glad that you were able to spend time with friends and family. Love the pictures of SG.

redmaryjanes said...

I'm glad that you were able to spend time with friends and family. Love the pictures of SG.

Melanie said...

hey=) It was long ago when i came here last time! so i came to take a look=) She looks so cute on those pictures, i like her outfit=) so cute!
Melanie

Check it!!
www.picturesartmemories.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Sure do miss you. We plan to see you soon, in the next two weeks. Love, BS