Tonight I gave my 4 year old daughter a bath. I washed her hair with sweet smelling shampoo, and made sure I washed between each little toe. I took her out of the bathtub and wrapped a warm, freshly washed towel around her. After carefully drying her off, I put her pajamas on and brushed her beautiful, long hair. She went and read a story with Daddy while I put her freshly washed sheets on her bed, still warm from the dryer.
Tonight I sat in bed with my daughter, said prayers with her, sang a song, and tucked her in tightly, assuring her I would be in the kitchen making our lunches for school tomorrow and that I would check on her in a little while.
Tonight I packed my daughter's My Little Pony lunchbox with a sandwich, chips, mandarin oranges and cookies for dessert. I worried that I didn't put enough in there, so I added a yogurt.
Tonight, my friend is sitting in the hospital with her 4 year old daughter waiting for her fever to go down, after receiving 3 blood transfusions today.
Tonight my friend prepares herself for the bone marrow test and biopsy that has to be performed on her 4 year old daughter to find out if what she has, which the doctors seem sure of, is leukemia.
Tonight my friend wonders why.
Please pray for Mycah. She is a student in my class and the daughter of a fellow teacher at our preschool.
Please pray.
Wednesday, September 19, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

19 comments:
Special prayers being sent out tonight and in days to come for Mycha.
Oh, I am so sorry for this family and this child. I feel like I am surrounded by children who are ill and I realize how fragile our health is.
Will be praying.I cant even imagine
I pray that Gods hand of grace will cover your friend’s family, and that their beautiful girl will be OK. I've spent years in hospitals with my sick daughter. She has autism. Life isn't fair...but God is good. He is an ever present help in our time of need. Even if it is leukemia, it is very treatable in children. I pray it is not leukemia...but even if it is, I pray they will get through this well. That she will survive this and live a very long and wonderful life! I pray that this family will be over whelmed by the love of God and the kindness of friends and family. I pray they feel very well cared for…even if it’s hard. I’m so sorry that they must go through this scary time.
I have goosebumps. I'll pray for her and her family during this storm.
Thanks for posting this.
I am walking a prayer labyrinth tomorrow at a silent retreat. I will add them to my prayers and to our church's prayer chain.
Praying for you too!
I'm so sorry for your friend. I cannot even begin to imagine...
Keeping them in my prayers.
Keep smilin!
I'm in tears for this family. I'm getting off the computer and on my knees right now to pray.
I am so sorry to hear about that......I will definetly keep their family in my prayers....
OK, this post had me just FEELING your care and concern over this little girl and her mama. I'll pray.
Thanks for your post!
We will be praying
for Mycha.
Prayers said for Mycha.
I'm kissing my kids extra after reading that...
Oh my gosh! I just get so sick to my stomache when I hear about these sick little ones...I am so sorry for your friend. I'll keep their family in my prayers.
Please let this mommy know that we are all praying for her little one and the family. Please keep us informed.
oh we are so blessed aren't we. I do pray for your precious friend.
so sad....definite prayers...I can't even begin to know why some families go through what they do. I can only rest in the knowledge that my God has it all in control and is able to bring comfort where there is despare, peace where there is chaos and healing where there is sickness. I will be praying.
do they go to our church?
Oh my word, I will pray for her.
We are so blessed to have healthy children. My prayers and thoughts are with Mycah. How devastating for her parents to have to see her in misery.
Post a Comment