Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Eyes and Teeth

For the past couple of weeks, Spicy Girl and I have been through various "check-ups." The first thing we did was have our eyes checked. S.G. didn't do so well at her first eye exam with her pediatrician, so he told me to take her to my eye doctor. She went through a thorough exam; even had the puffs of air in her eyes. What a sport!

Here she is reading the wall chart. Her vision is great!!

Now for my eyes. If you are familiar with Velma from Scooby Doo, you would know that when she lost her glasses, she could see nothing but blurs. She'd end up way off the beaten path talking to Zombies thinking it was Scooby and Shaggy. She wore those bottle cap glasses. Well, that's me. My vision is awful. I have such a bad astigmatism that I have to special order the "special order" contacts and glasses. Last October I lost a contact and just never got around to the eye doctor to get a new prescription. Now I finally made it and couldn't wait to get my contacts. I went to pick them up today after being told twice that they're not ready yet, and they still weren't in. It's going to be 2 more weeks. JINKIES!!

News from S.G.'s first dental check was not great either. She has 2 cavities right behind her two front teeth; sort of between the teeth. It's most likely due to the fact that I let her go to bed with a sippy cup of milk when she was little. DON'T DO THAT!! Anyway, she's going to have to get those teeth crowned!
At least she had fun at the dentist. Of course, we're going back in a couple of weeks for the dental work.




8 comments:

Emmie said...

Awww poor girly! I HATE going to the doctor, dentist, and eye doctor. Atleast she got a cool balloon though!

I thought my eyes were bad but by the sounds of it they are nothing compared to yours. Speical order? Wow..lol! That must stink!

GloryandGrace said...

Okay, I had to come and post a comment on your blog - Blake was AWESOME!! Oh, I hope you didn't miss it tonight... let me know what you thought!!!

Anonymous said...

aww! hope the next appt. goes great!! SHe is lucky to have sharp little eyes!

Sonia said...

Wow! Thanks for the great advice on the sippy cup. I didn't do that, but missed a few nights of brushing, plus Kailee is a sugar junkie. All the best to little Spicy Girl ~ crowns! She's such a big girl!

Roy and Lori said...

Just stopped by to say hi!

Take care and enjoy your night!

C's Mom said...

What a good girl making it through all those 'not fun' appointments!

Mama Darling said...

DD's dental appt. is tomorrow. She had such a good time on her first visit, but I don't think this one is going to be quite as much fun. She has to have a cavity fixed too. I sure hope the laughing gas works well. I may have to inhale a little myself.

Phat Girl said...

SpicyGirl is a Brave Girl! I'm am 33 & everytime I make an appt for the dentist I really have to talk myself into it! I'm always so stressed out every time I go to the dentist. Yep, I am a big chicken!