Wednesday, July 11, 2007

All in a Day

Let me share our very productive day we had yesterday. I'm blogging right now while waiting for my house to cool down. I'll explain that a few pictures down.
This is Cash. He's a dachshund puppy who is spending 2 weeks with us. We have friends who were going on vacation and didn't want to put him in a kennel. We finally convinced them to leave their pup with us. They were worried about him still being a puppy and all. But we love dogs and wanted them to feel like their "baby" is being loved on rather than caged.
I really wish Spicy Girl was happy about this....(sarcasm!). You can't see her face, but she's cracking up!!

Tuesdays are the wonderful Chic fil A Family night, so we joined Desheng Darling's family for dinner. It was their first time to go as a family, and they seemed to really enjoy it as we got about an hour of adult conversation. It was awesome.

The girls are doing mosaics here.


Time for a little coloring...








Now for the evening entertainment. I posted a while back about things to do to keep cool when your air conditioner goes out. Well, it's been out for a month, and we are finally having it replaced. Two years ago we bought a "fixer upper" house. We have done a lot to it, but one of the major fixes was the a/c. As that's a pretty major fix, we had to hold off, so for the past two summers we have been "band aiding" our a/c. This summer, it officially pooped out. Both the inside and outside unit had to be totally replaced. So here we are finally. Our good friend came on his own time to install our new a/c unit. He brought his family to help out. It was a HUGE job, and he wasn't able to finish until this morning. So we had one more night of humid, hotness...












And now, we've gone from 85 to 78. My house is officially cooling down. Thank you Lord!! And thank you Anthony! This man truly worked himself to exhaustion to help us out. We are ever so thankful.









17 comments:

Elise said...

Glad you are cooling down again...I could use an air conditioner about now. Have fun with the pup!

LaLa said...

Too funny getting tickles from a pup!! Glad you are cooling off....

4D said...

Good stuff overload! Eeep that puppy is cute, cute, cute! I am partial to dachsies so no wonder I love him.

I am so happy that things are cooling down for you.

Keep smilin!

Steffie B. said...

Thank goodness your AC is working.....you poor girl! lol

Unknown said...

glad you are finally cool I mean your house! haha!!!]]What fun pics as usual

Anonymous said...

Oh my, how we have felt your pain. We bought a fixer upper too and we knew the AC would not last past summer 2006 so we bit the bullet and had the whole thing replaced last November b/c we weren't sure we would make it thru the winter either. We weren't getting heat and air to several spots in the house. You will be surprised at how the new one will affect your utility bill--you should see the difference on this months bill compared to last year [ok I know the rain has also helped too] Thank you Lord for average billing and to finally have an AC that works.

Beth

Jeff and Valerie said...

Yay for you! Our AC conked out for just two days and I thought I was going to die!

Pup is cute! So is the kid (-:

Beckyb said...

This is just NO time to be without air!!! Praise the Lord for smart AC people!!! Hope you are cool now!

C's Mom said...

Woohoo...glad that temp is headed in the right direction now.

Cute pup...I can see why SG would love hanging out with Cash.

Adele said...

I am so glad you finally have AC. There is NOTHING like it. You have to keep those spicy girls cooled off. :) My spicy girl is already spoiled to the AC just like her mommy.
I love the pics from family night at Chik-fil-A. We have to go on Wednesday afternoons now that Mallory takes violin. Looks like SG and DD had a great time together. They are both so pretty!

Mama Darling said...

I know you are thrilled to have a cool house again, but that means you have to start cooking again, mopping floors, and all those little things that it was just too hot to do. lol
Yes, we had a great time at Chic-fil-a! Hopefully, we will do it again soon.

Holly said...

So glad your a/c is working! The heat is just miserable in the summer.

Julie and Steve said...

YAY! All hail the air conditioner man! I loved the photo of SG and the puppy...looks like a fun time :)

Lauren said...

Man I bet your house was a boiler room!!!! That puppy is just adorable!

redmaryjanes said...

I'm so glad you have your air conditioner back on-line. It's been so hot out! Great photos from the chic fil a.

Anonymous said...

Can't say as I've ever seen a pic of a thermostat up to now. You must be so proud. Say hi to Tay and Jillie and shelby. I love all of your collective guts.

Jill and Jaap said...

Gotta love friends like that!

Stay cool!