For the past two years we have been in a serious drought. I mean it... very little rain in two years. Then, this past April, the floodgates opened. I'm seriously looking for Noah's Ark so I can hop on. We have totally made up for two years of drought in just a few months. In this picture, Spicy Girl and I are at the library for their Old Fashioned 4th of July games.....they were canceled. Of course we went in and checked out some books.
Tonight we were supposed to have The Zone, which is a kid's night of fun at church while parents go to Small Groups. Well, the electricity was out, due to torrential rains. We had to go up to the church to put signs on the doors, as we had to cancel. Spicy Girl had more fun running around with a flashlight in church.
.JPG)
This is what our ride home looked like. This is my neighborhood. So many homes have been flooded numerous times since April. Thank goodness we are a little higher, so the water doesn't get too close to our house. Look at our poor neighbors houses though. The water is actually crossing the street here.
.JPG)
This is what our ride home looked like. This is my neighborhood. So many homes have been flooded numerous times since April. Thank goodness we are a little higher, so the water doesn't get too close to our house. Look at our poor neighbors houses though. The water is actually crossing the street here.

11 comments:
You know, I heard (this past Thursday) that we had the 2nd wettest June on record...with some 10.96 inches...and only had to get up to about 11.6 inches to break the record. Wonder if we did it?
As far as electricity...you know there was rotation right around the church, don't you?
Wow! I hope this ends for you in far less than 40 days!!
WOW....if you see animals walking by..let me know. I guess you could go see Evan Almighty and see if it looks familiar. LOVE the flashlight pic.
Could you send some of that our way?!?! We NEED it!!! Keep dry over there!
You certainly have been getting tons of rain. We need some rain!! Have you seen the movie Evan Almighty?
I have not seen Evan Almighty yet, but the big opening should have been in our area. The sound effects "thunder" would have made it even better.
I'm glad your house is safe from the floods- I've been watching the flooding on TV and it's heartbreaking. Here in the South we are having drought. The farmers are having a hard time feeding their cattle and keep the crops from drying up. These are some very strange times. Thanks for the great advice on Miya's insecurities. I think I will talk to my social worker too.
wow that sure is a lot of rain! I hope it lets up soon!
Thanks so much for your comment on my Gratitude post!
Wow !!
We really need rain here -
That is crazy.
Oh my! I hope you are all safe. I can't get over all of that rain. I panic when we have weather like that. Ever since we lost our roof, fence and many other things during Katrina, I get a little scared during bad weather.
I love the picture of SG with her flashlight.
Have a great holiday!
Post a Comment