Monday, July 30, 2007

The Zoo

We had a wonderful visit from Boppa and Mamama this weekend. Whenever they come to visit we always try to think of something new to do. We live in the suburb of a large, busy city, so it's fun to explore new areas of it. There is a zoo here that my dad even visited as a child, but we had not been to yet. So, we stopped first at IHOP for some breakfast. Do you think Spicy Girl ate this whole pancake? No way; mostly the whip cream and chocolate chips!!Here we are at the zoo. We were pretty impressed. It was bigger than I thought.

Of course, our first stop....the carousal. S.G. wanted to ride the leopard, but it was right next to the gorilla which scared her to pieces!


It was hot, so we found this cute flamingo visor....and a little water area the kids could play in.



Gotta love the elephants!!




My beautiful butterfly!!
After the zoo, we traveled further north for Mexican food and Daddy Spice's favorite restaurant, Chuys!!






21 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE your pics--especially the merry go round one. Looks like you all had a great time.

Adele said...

Oh how fun!!! Looks like you all had a great time at the zoo. We were just talking about going to IHOP the other night. We haven't been there in so long and I want to try out all of those strawberry dishes they advertise about. :)
I wish you and SG could have went to the Beatrix Potter tea with us. Wouldn't that have been fun? I haven't seen the movie yet. Would love too though.

Unknown said...

Too sweet..Great pics..Love the butterfly..Glad you had a good time..I love zoos

redmaryjanes said...

She is just so beautiful~I love the picture of her on the butterfly bench.

Ashley said...

The butterfly pic is the best!! :)

LaLa said...

What fun!!! Well, you know we go to the Zoo about once a week..now I hope you take SG back again because I can tell she loved it!! Grandparent visits are the best : )

Mama Darling said...

What fun!!!!! I love the sun visor! I think Mamama and Boppa Spice need to come visit my family! You do so many fun things together.

Melanie said...

Cool! Its the first time i post a comment here i think. Good you had a good time. I love the picture of SG sitting in the butterflies wings!
Melanie

Check it!!
www.picturesartmemories.blogspot.com

Phat Girl said...

I love the Zoo! I love Chuy's even more! I'm glad the SpicyFamily had a great time! It was really hot over the weekend.

Elise said...

We hope we can take the little munchkins to the zoo soon too...and the first pic, YUM!!!!

C's Mom said...

What beautiful photos of SG!

Nikki said...

Glad you had such a nice visit -- sounds perfect to me!
(that was one HUGE pancake!)
S.G. is as beautiful as ever and she sure can pose for a photo!

Lauren said...

Sounds like you had a great time at the zoo! Spicy Girl is too cute!

Roy and Lori said...

Looks like you had a wonderful
time!

Sonia said...

ahhh ~ love the butterfly picture. SG is so precious!

Gracie said...

Glad you had fun adorable pics

Holly said...

Sounds like a great time at the zoo. I love all of the pics. SG is so adorable. BTW-That looks like a delicious pancake :- )

4D said...

A super fun day by the looks of it! I love IHOP...I always eat the whipped cream first!

Keep smilin!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad were not at the zoo today. It is HOT AND HUMID. But it was sure fun that day in Dallas. Love the flamingo hat.

Beckyb said...

LOVE the butterfly chair - it all looks like so much fun!!! Time with Grandpa and Grandma is ALWAYS good!!

Kelley said...

That zoo is a great little surprise, isn't it?! Way nicer than you might expect. Anyhoo...I am so glad that y'all made the trek up to play with us today. I can't wait to do it again! We're going to have to find a place that is more centrally located and where we will wear clothes rather than our swim suits! BTW...I just noticed that you're a fellow Gemini! ;-)
K.