Thursday, October 11, 2007

Elegant Day

Do you know what today is? Elegant Day. It's letter "E" week, and Spicy Girl picked out an "e"legant dress to wear to school for Elegant Day.All of the boys and girls dress up in "church" clothes. We set up the Family Room with clothed tables and flowers. The boys escort a girl in, take a picture, help her find her chair and pull it out for her. Here is S.G. with the "T" man.

Awww, so cute! My picture is a little blurry, but the school got a picture that will be in her "Me" book at the end of the year.


Some of the mommies made yummy desserts. How shocking that S.G. would pick out something chocolate....(sarcasm).

I've done this for 3 years now, but this year was the most fun since S.G. was involved.



11 comments:

Holly said...

Oh that is absoltely precious! SG looks adorbale in her "E" dress. And I love all of the pumpkin patch photos on your post below too!

Anonymous said...

The T-man hit the jackpot today. He may not know it, but he has just escorted the future Miss America. SG looks so beautiful. I love her thiiiiiiis much.

Beth said...

What a great idea! I wish our preschool would do something like this, what a wonderful lesson on manners too.

Adele said...

Oh she looks so grown up in her elegant dress. What fun to do something like this with the kids.
P/S. Mallory's socks came from Gymboree. :)

Adele said...

I forgot to add that SG chose chocolate just like Mallory would. These Hunan girls are something else. They love their chocolate.

mommy24treasures said...

how fun, SG is gorgeous in her elegant dress.

Unknown said...

How fun!!! Thats such a neat experience for the children

4D said...

What a fun day! She looks so elegant!

Keep smilin!

Ashley said...

Beautiful. What a great lesson on manners too! :)

Tracy said...

Your daughter is gorgeous!! I found your blog through another blog. We just got a referral for our spicy Hunan girl (Charlotte!) and we will be getting her (finally!) on the 29th of October. :)

Tracy

Mama Darling said...

What a great idea! Sure wish DD was in SG's school.
That's the great thing about chocolate...It's so versatile!