Last Monday at playgroup, we went to the mall. We visited the Disney store, which is a must when we're at the mall. For months now, Spicy Girl has been begging for this 101 Dalmatians puppy. I kept telling her maybe for Christmas or birthday. Last week I went ahead and bought it for her. I knew that this transition might be a little difficult, so I wanted her to have a special new "pet" to go with her. It really did help.
Now for Spicy Girl. She let me know that she was nervous going in, but she's such a trooper, she didn't cry...until I left. I made it clear that I wanted to be called if she could not be consoled, so after 10 minutes, they came and got me. I went back to her room, but by that time she had calmed down, so I stayed out of sight for a moment. She never cried again. But what's funny is, the Sunday School Coordinator didn't know who she belonged to. This church is mostly Hispanic and African American. The coordinator wasn't sure if she was Hispanic, so she tried talking to S.G. in Spanish. LOL!! They now know that she is from China. Although she's been a big fan of Dora, S.G. doesn't understand Spanish fluently.
When I picked her up, she seemed happy. She's gone from a class that had to be split in to older 4's and younger 4's because of the size, to a class that has 6 children ranging from 3-5. BIG difference. On a side note, I am keeping her at our other location for Wednesday nights. I want her to have a consistent peer group throughout the years, as we will move from church to church each year.
It was a good day. Everyone was warm and friendly, and I know we'll fit in very well.

13 comments:
Glad your first day went well...that daughter of yours truly is remarkable. Hope next week there are no tears shed!
I am glad that it went well....wow...only 6 kids? Don't know if DS told you, but I had 174 today...new record.
I was so sad walking in today knowing that you 2 wouldn't be there :( I know you are doing what God is calling you to do, but I'm still so sad. We will have you out soon. (HA...as soon as DH has a Friday that he is home.)
LOVE YA!
I have had you all in my prayers lately. I didn't know today was the very first day. I love this picture of her in front of the church. She is just so beautiful.
I hope that all will go much better next Sunday for her. I know that you and your precious family are right where God wants you to be and He is going to do marvelous things through you. I can hardly wait to hear all about it! Praying for you, my sweet friend.
OH I am so glad she did well. That is totally cool-- the link with that church. My DH and I met in our church youth group back when we were 16. We still attend the very same church to this day. It is very special.
Again, glad the transition was easy!!
Christy :)
SO glad to read this..Hope next week is even better
The Spanish thing is FUNNY!!!!! Hilarious. I hope the transition goes well for all of you! I'm sure the new puppy helped too! :)
I'm glad that she was able to calm down and hopefully have a little fun. Being with new people is kind of scary. She so cute, I think it's darling that they tried to speak to her in spanish.
I think that you are in for an incredible adventure. God is at work again. Hold on.
Glad your first day went smoothly. Hope next week is even better! SG is precious!
Oh no, I hated it when miya cried at church too. Glad SG calmed down and hope she likes it.
I am glad you had a good first week.
Thats a wonderful idea to keep SG at her familiar location on Wed.
I love that old church. It's where your real journey began, in my opinion. Love you guys.
It is always difficult to transition but sounds like things are going really well.
Keep smilin!
Post a Comment