Daddy S. and I were married December 18, 1993. I was a teacher, so we wanted to get married during the Christmas break. Christmas is also my favorite time of year, so we wanted a Christmas/Winter theme. Most people would choose to go to a tropical climate during the winter, but we wanted a Winter Wonderland, so we went to Lake Louise, Canada. It was a Winter Wonderland!!
Look at the snow piled up on the sign. This was outside our hotel, Chateau Lake Louise.

So here's how our days went. We didn't have much money, so we would eat a big breakfast in the morning, carry a jug of water and peanut butter crackers in our rented car to eat for lunch, then find a fun restaurant for dinner. We were, and still are, big explorers when we vacation. It was more fun getting in our car, pulling out the map and finding new places to go.

Here I am standing on the frozen Lake Louise, right behind the hotel. This is what our window looked out on. Lots of ice statues were around, and people were always ice skating on the lake. Do you see the sides of the big bow on the back of my head? UGH. Early 90's people.
Look at the snow piled up on the sign. This was outside our hotel, Chateau Lake Louise.
So here's how our days went. We didn't have much money, so we would eat a big breakfast in the morning, carry a jug of water and peanut butter crackers in our rented car to eat for lunch, then find a fun restaurant for dinner. We were, and still are, big explorers when we vacation. It was more fun getting in our car, pulling out the map and finding new places to go.

Here I am standing on the frozen Lake Louise, right behind the hotel. This is what our window looked out on. Lots of ice statues were around, and people were always ice skating on the lake. Do you see the sides of the big bow on the back of my head? UGH. Early 90's people.


12 comments:
Wow! What incredible beauty!! It looks like the perfect winter wonderland. I love the 90's hair! :)
My parents spent their honeymoon at Lake Louise. Small world! Juergen and I hung out in Southern Cal. We had hardly any money. We have been around the world over the past 16 years, and live in Europe so I can not complain. I did not care where we went on our honeymoon as long as I was with him!
My husband and I packed up the kids and went to DisneyWorld!
We went to the mountains of North Carolina to stay in a Treehouse.
whan an amazing honeymoon! I would love to go someplace cold!!
My husband and I went to the Bahamas. It was alot of fun but I was ready to get back home. I had to laugh out loud at your BIG bow. I wore those same type bows during those years. What were we thinking??? I don't EVER see those coming back in style. Thank goodness. I always looked like Nellie Olsen with those huge bows. HAHA.
Adele
Oh wow, it is beautiful there!
Very pretty.....but brrrr!
Wow, what a gorgeous place to celebrate your marriage! Though I'm divorced, I have the best memories of our honeymoon... they bring some sadness now, but truly those were some of the best days of my life!
I much prefer the warmer weather, but those pictures were beautiful and I love (and admire) your adventurous spirits!
Jay and I went to Puerto Vallerta on our honeymoon -- I would never go back there.
I would have to rank Lake Louise as the most beautiful place I have ever seen. Been there in the winter. Want to see it in the summer time. I understand that moose (meese) walk around the golf courses up in those parts. Hate to hit one of those guys with an errant drive.
We went to Door County, WI. It was in October so the trees were beautiful!
Post a Comment