Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Mother's Day Out Book

Last night our Mother's Day Out had it's annual end of year program. Our music and sign language teacher put together a fantastic show. Would you believe I did not get one picture? I am one of the preschool teachers, so I'm on stage for the whole show. But, Daddy Spice did video tape the show, and I will have him download one of the songs as soon as he can. Another thing parents look forward to on this night is receiving their child's Me Book. We work tirelessly on them all year and present them to the parents after the show. It is so much fun watching the parents flip through the pages and "ooh and ahh" at their child's pictures and crafts. So, as I made 13 scrapbooks this year for my students, I knew that I would get one for my little Spicy Girl. Here are a few pages I scanned in to share.
I call this Spicy Girl's "Gangsta" look. I'm not sure what the reason is for this smile.
For the letter C, S.G.'s class made Chocolate Chip Cookies. S.G. brought the brown sugar.

Look at my beautiful Jasmine.


Hugs from the Easter Bunny!!



Wheel Safety Week; the kids got to bring their bikes to school. They do stress helmets, but we don't have one yet.




Here's one of the cute crafts for T week.





A mother's day poem with S.G.'s hand print.

I stood on stage and shook my student's hands as they walked across for graduation. I got teary just picturing Spicy Girl up there next year. I'm not sure I'll be able to hold it together. Tomorrow is our last day of school, and it's a FUN DAY!! Summer vacation is almost here!!






9 comments:

Ashley said...

What a special way to re-live the year!

Emmie said...

What an awesome gift! Very cute pictures!

C's Mom said...

Cute, cute. Love the photos.

PS: I like her gangsta look ;0)

Anonymous said...

that is such a cute book!

Elisa...life as we know it. said...

Love the book...barefoot chick..very cute idea.

Beckyb said...

That is such a sweet book - what a great idea!!!

Mama Darling said...

I love the ME book idea, although it is a lot of work! You miss out on so much of your own child's activities when you are a teacher, so it's nice to know that someone is capturing the moments for you. She is such a cutie.

Holly said...

very cute. I love Spicy Girl's artwork.

Alyson and Ford said...

What a great idea to make a scrapbook for each child!
Hope I can remember to make it for our new daughter each year!

Alyson
01/27/06