Friday, May 11, 2007

Hodge Podge of Our Week

We're back!! We did so much this week that I want to share, so I tried my very best to condense it all.
Before going to Atlanta, Spicy Girl and I joined Nana in Austin for our home church's Homecoming. This church has been in existence for 70 years now. They have sold the building and are moving to a new location. We had one last service in the old building. Anyone who has ever been a part of this church was invited back for a homecoming. Since Daddy S. was on staff here for many years, not to mention that he grew up in this church, Spicy Girl and I went to represent him (he was not able to get away). We had so much fun! We saw old friends and family.
These are the previous Youth Pastor's. We served with them as volunteers in youth ministry before going full time with Children's Ministry. They have been in Alaska for many years now. We see each other maybe once a year, but when we're back together, it's like no time has passed. I love this family so much!

Here is Nana looking at old pictures. She has been a part of this church for more than 40 years.


This is one of Daddy Spice's best friends. They grew up together. He found Spicy Girl running around looking for her mommy, who was busy visiting with old friends. He picked her up since he's like 10 feet tall (lol) to help her find me.



Now we're in Atlanta for the Orange Conference for Youth and Children's Ministry. We were able to take 9 staff/volunteers with us. We were so excited to have our senior pastor and our 0-30 pastor join us. Daddy S. and I went by ourselves last year and were determined to bring leaders with us this year to share this vision with us. They are totally on board!!




We enjoyed an awesome dinner at BENNIHANA.












We got home very late Wednesday night, so I got up Thursday morning to meet my parents in a town halfway between our cities to pick up Spicy Girl. She's wearing a shirt that says, "There's no place like home, except Camp Grandma."
















Look who got her nails done.










9 comments:

4D said...

Sounds wonderful!

Little Miss is stylin!

Keep smilin!

kitchu said...

Wow, sounds like you guys had an awesome time... and I am loving spicy girls fingers and toes (not to mention the cute Nike's!).

Holly said...

I love spicy girl's nails! I especially love the flowers on her thumbs and her big toes :- )

Nikki said...

Looks like a wonderful weekend, and then some!
Glad you all had such a nice time.
Spicy Girl looks beautiful with her nails done...grandmas are great for that fun stuff!

Roy and Lori said...

So glad that you guys had a wonderful
time!

Mama Darling said...

So glad you're back. Looks like you had a great time. I love SG's T-shirt and pretty nails. I can tell that she really suffers when you have to leave her.lol
We need to discuss Monday's plans. I'll email you.

redmaryjanes said...

It looks like you all had a lot of fun, especially Spicy girl at Camp Grandma! I love her little nails, I can't wait until my daughter comes and we can do that together.

Steffie B. said...

Looks like you had a great time! Love SG nails and toes! ;)

Anonymous said...

Looks like you all have had a wonderfully full week!