Sunday, May 13, 2007

Happy Mother's Day

I spent many years truly hating Mother's Day. I listened to my last Mother's Day church sermon about 10 years ago, as I cried through the entire message describing a Godly mother. My tears were not just for my inabililty to be a mother, but for the "absentee" mother I had. I swore I would never attend another Mother's Day service. I "hid" in Children's Church as a volunteer for that day every year.
My heart has had a turnaround since becoming a mother 3 1/2 years ago. I can now sit in a Mother's Day service and focus intently on the mother I want to be for my daughter.
Thank you little one for blessing my life the way you do. Out of all the baby girls in China, God gave me you. Thank you God!!

27 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so beautiful, the love that you have for your daughter is so unconditional! God Bless!!!

kitchu said...

What a blessing, and what a beautiful photo! Bask in the love of that little one, Happy Mother's Day!

crazylady said...

BIG PICTURE seen here everyone.
Get that?!
I do.

Beckyb said...

What a wonderful picture AND words - I am sure they encouraged moms that are moms now or will be!

Holly said...

It's hard to imagine what your life would be like without you little spicy girl :- )

Nikki said...

So glad that this Mother's Day truly is HAPPY!
You have a beautiful family...love the picture of you and SG! Beautiful.

Adele said...

Your story sounds alot like mine. I posted a couple of days ago my thoughts about past Mother's Days that weren't so joyful. We have alot in common. We also have beautiful daughters that God has truly blessed us with.
What a beautiful picture. You can see the love in that photo! Happy Mother's Day.

Elisa...life as we know it. said...

That is so beautiful and what a fantatsic picture!

Julie and Steve said...

Loved your post. I'm looking forward to many happy Mother's Days ahead with my baby girl in the future!

Also - loved the gardening photos. S.G.'s planting outfit is great!

C's Mom said...

That photo is beautiful!

Enjoy your day.

PandaMom said...

SG's life is blessed more than she can even imagine to have a mom like YOU! XXOO

Amy said...

What a beautiful photo! It is amazing how our children change everything! What a great gift they are!

JEff said...

Thanks for sharing. My wife and I have often had those same feelings.

4D said...

Happy Mother’s Day!

Keep smilin!

Mom 2 six said...

What a beautiful post. Mommy-hood is such a blessing.

Mardi said...

Oh my gosh!! That picture has brought tears to my eyes! Absolutely beautiful.

Steffie B. said...

I'm so happy you have peace and joy in your heart....God had a plan for you all along....it just took a while for Him to show you! And just look how richly you have been blessed! ;) Big hugs to you!

Roy and Lori said...

Such an inspiring story!!! Your
daughter is beautiful.

redmaryjanes said...

You are a blessing to each other. What a gorgeous picture!

Sonia said...

Happy Mother's Day to you! Beautiful picture!

LaLa said...

I totally feel your pain and am so happy now to CELEBRATE Mother's Day again. Love the photo!

Phat Girl said...

I'm so glad you guys are back!
I hope you had a great Mother's Day! Thanks for sharing your blog about Mother's day.

Unknown said...

What a precious pic and post..So glad I stopped by..YOu always have the right words for me to hear

Anonymous said...

Wonderful story of two longings fulfilled, and a vision to go with it. You and SG are beautiful souls bound together through the ministrations of a loving God. Amen.

Sonia said...

Happy Mother's Day to you too! Thanks for visiting my blog. I couldn't find your email address, but wanted to let you know that I didn't write the poem ~ my Aunt sent it to me w/o an indication as to who authored it. Maybe I should have signed it "anonymous". Wouldn't want to mislead folks that I'm that talented (:

~LL~ said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
~LL~ said...

I didn't know you before your quest for your beautiful "China Doll." You words and picture are priceless.

Happy Mother's Day, dear friend!

Love ya!

Hoggs-n-sons