Thursday, March 22, 2007

I Did it at Four Too!!



Can you guess what this is? Yep, it's a chunk of Spicy Girl's hair. I found it on the floor right next to the sofa. Oh yeah, she did it herself; gave herself a little haircut. Now those of you who frequent my blog know how long S.G.'s hair is. I almost got very upset, but then I remembered my dad's reaction when I cut my hair at the same age, 4. I walked out of my friend's room, after cutting the entire left side of my hair very short, and my dad's first reaction was very calm, half smiling. He asked me if I had cut my hair. I, of course, said no. Then he cracked up and had me go look in the mirror. Wow, I did not realize I had cut that much off. Yes, I vividly remember that incident.

Well the good news here is that I can't find where S.G. cut her hair. I have brushed it and searched for this missing chunk, but it's obviously not noticable. So, I did not get angry. I took S.G.'s scissors away, and explained that she had better not ever cut her hair again. Scissors are for paper only!

8 comments:

Team Mom said...

LOL!LOL!LOL!LOL! Cutting hair is something I never did, my sisters did their fair share but not me. I am sure my turn is comming "L" is 6 short months away!

Beckyb said...

Way to go Mom!!! It's minor in the scope of things, right?!?!? But I hear you - if Chloe would do that I might not be too happy either!!!

Steffie B. said...

I remember when Emmie did the same thing! But she had tons of hair so it wasn't noticable either! WHEW!!!!

Sonia said...

Funny story about you. I never did that but remember my sister cut her bangs at 4 or 5. That piece of hair is a keeper(:

redmaryjanes said...

My girlfriends daughter had her hair cut by her 7 year old cousin. He grabbed a 3 inch long section along the middle of her part and cut is as close to the scalp as possible. So, it kind of looked like a little mohawk while it was growing back!
I'm glad that spicy girls cut isn't noticeable.
Too funny though.

Mom 2 six said...

Oh my goodness !!
Way to go for staying composed.

Becky said...

My oldest, Hannah, gave herself quite a "style" when she was 5 - I had to take her in and have it "fixed". She also gave her little sister her first haircut, but that one wasn't so bad - just a little trim! I guess most children try it at one time or another!

Mardi said...

Oh my gosh! So these are the things I have to look forward too. :) I will keep your reaction in mind when it happens to me! :)