Sunday, March 25, 2007

Mommy's Night Out

This past weekend, we Mommies decided it was high time for an evening out without the kiddos. We've been friends for 2 years now, and have never gone out together as a group. We started out with a little Mexican food at a local, yummy restaurant. I wondered if our discussion would be primarily about the girls and Chinese adoption. However, we really had a lot of other things to talk about. Adoption stories didn't come up until the very end.

Each of us met quite randomly. I bumped in to Panda-Mom at Home Depot one day. She and I were together when we bumped in to Mommy Darling at JC Penney's. I met Ski Patrol Mom at the mall right before she got Snow Bunny, and Mommy Darling introduced us to Team Mom. Why did we all end up together? We have daughters adopted from China. If we did not have our daughters, we probably would not know each other to this day. What a shame that would be, as we are all such good friends, and really have a lot in common. How many people do we pass up each day that could potentially be lifelong friends? Something to think about.


As if Mexican food was not enough, we went to get some frozen custard. While here, we grilled Ski Patrol Mom about all the movie stars she has met in her line of work. I don't have her permission to share what that is, so I'll keep it personal, but she has met a LOT of movie stars.

It was such a fun evening, and I hope we don't wait 2 years to do it again.

Love you gals!!



9 comments:

Unknown said...

I cant wait to have friends like that..Those are awesome pics from your fun night!

redmaryjanes said...

How great to have a mother's group. We are working on putting one together here in Michigan.

Elisa...life as we know it. said...

Fantastic night with the other mommies, I am also so grateful to have other moms also adopting from China as friends...lovely Doris and Julie.
Mmmm frozen custard I remember that from when I lived in Wisconsin.

Team Mom said...

I had a great time & love the pics! I am so blessed to have you all as friends. Looking forward to many years to come!

Mom 2 six said...

Sound like a great time !
It's hard to imagine a meal without interruption from a kid.
:)

Becky said...

Some of my dearest friends are moms I traveled to China with! And so many times in the conference I attended, it was emphasized how very important our friendships with other moms are for encouraging and energizing us! But you NEED to do this more than once every two years!!! :)

Amy said...

What a fun bunch of ladies! I want to come have Mexican food with you all someday!I don't have any adoption families arround. I'm so glad to have my internet friends!

PandaMom said...

I had such a BLAST! I love you girls with all my heart. I am truly blessed by you all. BTW: we look pretty darn cute with the Sheridan's with the exception of Mama Darling having to go home early! We have to do this at least once a quarter!!!

Nikki said...

Oh, it looks like you girls had sooo much fun! I'm a bit jealous. That is so great that you all have formed such a wonderful bond over the past 2 years.