Thursday, March 01, 2007

Potty Mouth



Well, the "dirty" words in the toddler vocabulary have begun for us. Yesterday, Spicy Girl said the word "underwear" about 50 times. She would say, "Hey Daddy, you know what? Underwear!!" and then laugh hysterically. Now underwear is not a bad word, however, we encouraged her to keep it silly at home, but let's not say "underwear" over and over at church and school. She was fine with that. Today, as Spicy Girl and I were walking through Target, the word Booty Crack came out of her mouth. I'm fine with underwear, but booty crack? I asked her where she heard those words, and she confessed it came from her friend at school. Now, trying not to laugh, I informed her that that was not a nice thing to say, and I didn't want to hear her talking like that any more. I seriously doubt she even knows what a booty crack is, and I think I'll keep it that way for now. I'm afraid that would make it even funnier for her. As I have a G rated blog, I decided it not a good idea to find a clip art picture for , well, booty crack.

6 comments:

Beckyb said...

That is a hoot!!! I love it!!!

Anonymous said...

Booty crack was formerly known as Plumber's crack, I believe. It is not a pretty sight. Funny stuff, Mommy Spice.

Steffie B. said...

OMW, I nearly spit my coffee all over my computer screen! That was great....not to repeat constantly, but you know what I mean! I agree with passing ont he clip art! ;)

Phat Girl said...

Booty crack is pretty funny! LOL! Good Luck, SpicyMom, on teaching SpicyGirl the do's and don't's in the SpicyHome. Praise God for Mom's like you for teaching their children the right's & wrong's with a delicate hand! Have a great weekend.

Mama Darling said...

Oh my! Do we have to go through this stage? We've had a few similar experiences around the Darling household, too. Her older brother and sister think it's hilarious to teach her silly things that they know will embarrass us. Just part of having kids, I guess.

~LL~ said...

That, my friend, is hysterical!