Saturday, March 17, 2007

We're Back!!

We just returned from our Willowcreek Church Children's Ministry Conference. This is one of their many auditoriums. We had a great time, and got a lot of new ideas. This is a group of kids who came out and led worship. After they did their songs, a group of preschoolers came out and sang some of their songs. There are no pictures because I was too busy smiling and tearing up. I definately bought their CD though.We were in the Chicago area, but didn't get to spend a whole lot of time there since we were attending the conference. This is one evening we went out for deep dish pizza.
We usually attend these conferences with a lot of other Children's Pastor friends, but this time we thought we were on our own. Then, while sitting in the back of the huge auditorium, who walks right in and sits down behind us? Our Houston friends. We were so excited to see each other, so we ended up spending a lot of time together.

How about this tiny table for all 4 of us and our pizzas?


Oh Yeah! This was an awesome pizza. I could only eat one piece.




While walking around downtown that night, freezing our batooties off, we found a Hershey's store. MMMMM, we bought some chocolate.








On our last day, D.S. and I had a little time before our plane took off, so we ventured downtown again. It was a beautiful day. We were nice and toasty in the car. But let me just tell you how cold it was when we got out of the car....ouch!! And we did discover why this city is called The Windy City.





I wanted to go to The Navy Pier, so D.S. obliged. It was soooo cold, but totally worth it. The day was beautiful.






Here is the city from another view....a much better view. Look at the water. Lake Michigan is bluish green. You don't see lakes this color in our area.










I thought this sign was fun. Shanghai is only a mere 7,000 miles that way.



We had a wonderful time. I'm glad D.S. and I were able to get away and have some alone time, but I am very ready to get my baby back. She should be arriving some time this afternoon with her grandparents. I can't wait!!
BTW, our agency called while we were in Chicago and told us our dossier looked great. It is now in translation!!! Woo-Hoo!







11 comments:

Steffie B. said...

So glad you had a good time....hope you are DTC soon! ;)

PandaMom said...

OK~happy for you....jealous for me! Can't wait to get more of the details and can't wait to see you!

Nikki said...

The pictures were great...glad you had a blast, and how fun that you ran into friends there!?!
I will be going to Chicago next month for the first time ever and now you have me even MORE excited!

Mom 2 six said...

Looks like a wonderful time !
I want to go to the chocolate store !
Glad to read your dossier is in translation.

redmaryjanes said...

I love Navy Pier! It looks like you guys had such a good time. Wonderful!

Anonymous said...

Looks like you too had a great time! It's cool you went to the Hershey's store. I'm jealous...I love chocolate!! :P

Unknown said...

SOunds like a good time was had by all! I cant wait for trips like that..the pizza sounds yummy

Phat Girl said...

I am happy you guys had a great time! Congrats. Now, here's the question on the day: Where's my chocolate?!

Becky said...

Sure wish I could have hooked up with you while you were in Chicago (I was at the Hearts at Home conference downstate). Glad you had such a great time - and isn't Willow Creek just awesome? Also so happy to hear you're almost DTC - I'll cyber-celebrate with you when that great day comes!

Anonymous said...

glad you had great time. Excited about your Dossier. Missing you guys alot.


All our love , from Thailand

Sonia said...

Wow that was fast. Glad to hear the good news on your dossier. Have you picked a name for SG's sister or little brother?